View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
melissaatk
Ribbing the Cuff

Problems with circular prime rib or brioche stitch
I just can't seem to get this right and I hae tinked and frogged to my limit!

Instructions for brioche rib are as follows:
Foundation Round: Knit 1, *bring yarn to the near side between the needle tips as if to P, slip 1 purlwise, K1 - allowing yarn to make a sloppy diagonal loop over right-hand needle. Repeat from * to last stitch, bring the yarn to the near side between the needle tips as if to P, slip 1 purlwise, yarn around needle (starting and finishing on the nearside).
Round 2: *Slip 1 purlwise, yarn around needle, P2T (namely the purl stitch and sloppy diagonal loop); repeat from *
Round 3: Take yarn to the far side between the needle tips if to K. K2T (namely the knit stitch and the sloppy diagonal loop), *bring yarn to the near side between the needle tips as if to P, slip 1 purlwise, K2T (namely the knit stitch and the sloppy diagonal loop) - allowing yarn to make a sloppy diagonal loop over right-hand needle. Repeat from * to last stitch. Bring yarn to the near side between the needle tips as if to P, slip 1 purlwise, yarn around needle.

Repeat the last two rounds.

I get the foundation row set up correctly. Or at least I think I am and when I do the next row I am left with my sloppy diagonal loop and can not repeat the slip 1 and p2tog.

This is just not clicking. Can anyone help?
melissaatk is offline   Reply With Quote