View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #10
EssenceRose
Knitting the Flap

My step mother taught me how to crochet when I was just a kid... I was no older than 9 or 10 at the time. I fiddled with trying to make dish cloths and whatnot, but I never really got any further than that.

I attempted knitting several times over the course of a few years as well, but again -- I never really got very far.

Then one rainy day I was very very bored and decided to pick up the stitch n' bitch book. After that, I was away with knitting. I absolutely fell in love with it. I still remembered the basics of crochet and thought about trying to learn again, but it was way too intimidating for me.

Then a few months ago, I checked out the stitch n' bitch crochet book from the library. I don't know why, but those books make it so easy!! After reading that and practicing on small projects, I've fallen in love with crochet as well. It makes me wonder why on earth I waited so long to learn again!!

Right now I prefer crochet over knitting because it's faster, however I still like some things knitted rather than crocheted (such as socks, sweaters, etc).

On the hook! - Fan Bookmark Scarf , Friendship Doily, Fan Bookmark

Rantings of a Crazed Woman!

EssenceRose is offline   Reply With Quote