View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #9
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Nine cats? Good grief I would be in the hospital! I have one fat tabby who I am totally allergic to, but can't get rid of. He was abandoned as a tiny kitten out in a wilderness area where my husband's plant is located and he wandered up to the back door. No one would take him so we took him because the rescue places wanted $250 to take him. My allergies drive me nuts when he sits in my lap or especially when I pet him or brush him out (my arms break out in hives) but I wouldn't give him up for anything.

My dh is retired military and so I shop at a commissary and get a great deal on the huge containers of litter, plus don't pay sales tax, but thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by Sharly View Post
Someone might wonder just how many conversations one can have about cat litter, but here goes another!

We use Tidy Cat litter (still haven't switched to the biodegradable kind), and yesterday while in Home Depot (of all places), we find they are no longer going to carry pet products, and they have the 27# containers marked down to $5.00 each. That's about 50% off regular price. Well, being that we have 9 cats and will definitely use cat litter, we bought all they had - 15 containers!

With a little over 400 lbs. of cat litter in the back, the little Jetta wagon looked like a low-rider on the trip home!

Just thought it might be worth a mention if someone out there is looking for a deal! They also had dog food and other items marked down.

Happy shopping!
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote