View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
beebosmum
Casting On

New to knitting... need pattern help
So I posted her a few days ago and was so grateful for the help! I thought I would give it another go!

I am knitting my first project (other than a washcloth!) It is a jumper/dress for my daughter who is 7 months old. It requires color changing and following a chart, which I have never done. You guys were wonderful enough to get me to the point of being ready to start the chart and here I am... looking at the chart... not sure if I am going about it correctly or not.

The directions are for a pattern from Better Homes and Gardens "Knitting for Babies and Kids"

The pattern issues start with the chart:
(currently have 63 sts on needle)
Work rows 1-22, from chart below, reading from right to left for RS and from left to right for WS, Rep sts 1-12 across, ending last rep at st 15 for RS row. AT THE SAME TIME, dec 1 st at each edge on Rows 3, 9, 15 - 57

Shape Armholes
Change to MC only and bind off 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows - 51 sts.

Then there is a section that says Place Dot Pattern. Isnt this what I just did with the chart? Place it where? I am assuming the dot pattern is the chart I just followed?

I think I just need help getting started with the chart. Do I work columns 1-12 then rep 1-12 then go to column 13-22? But what does the part about ending last rep at st 15 mean?

Any thoughts would be great!
I am trying to do an attachment of the chart. I hope it comes through
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	pattern.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	44776  
beebosmum is offline   Reply With Quote