View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
colleenm
Ribbing the Cuff

Scarf, Hat and Mitten set?
I'm looking for a pattern for a set including a scarf, hat and mittens. My DD wants a set badly, but she is a picky thing about the "itch factor" of most yarns. I am thinking of using KnitPicks Andean Silk, but haven't felt it yet in person. When we were at a LYS recently she felt the Sublime yarn (both the Angora/Merino and the Merino/Silk/Cashmere) and declared them soft enough. From the Knit Picks description it sounds like the Andean might be close (and about 1/2 the price of the Sublime).

I cannot find a pattern anywhere for all three (scarf, hat, mittens) that match. I LOVE Silver's Palindrome hat and scarf and I think I could pull that off (though I've never done cables yet). I'm a fairly new knitter, and I posted a while back asking if a pattern exists for a palindrome mitten yet. Some nice knitters responded with their suggestions on how I could do it, but I'm afraid I'm a bit lost...

Anyone know of a pattern for a scarf, hat and mitten set that is pretty easy to do, but can be knit in a soft worsted weight yarn?
colleenm is offline   Reply With Quote