Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
New interchangeable needles...
These appear to be almost identical to Knitpicks Interchangeables. The biggest difference I see is the cable is black, they have a size on the metal part and the wood ones have a different color for each size.

I really like the size marking and the different color for each tip. Going to wait a bit till we see how they are, but I'm interested.

http://www.yarn.com/index.cfm/fuseac...-F7D7B40FB4A0/

http://www.yarn.com/index.cfm/fuseac...een=3118005352

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (09-16-2011), sgtpam (09-12-2011)
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

The price is good, but I don't know about the cables. My KP cables have a memory and are very sturdy. They don't kink like Addys. Guess I'm spoiled on mine. And do they have the great customer service KP has? That makes a big difference.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I think you mean that the KP cables do NOT have memory...that means they don't stay in that annoying spiral. I don't know about Webs, nor do I know about their customer service. I want to buy the trial size and see what I think first.

The love my KP nickel plated needles and I do like the harmony ones, but the size on the side and the solid color would is appealing enough for me to seriously think about the wood at least enough to try.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I dunno. I was thought it was nice to see another option for needles from a reputable, known store.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 09-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
TreshaRuthe
1st Leg of the Journey

When I was in Atlanta, I visited a reputable yarn store there and was told that there would be a new version of KnitPicks coming out. She then clarified by saying that they weren't actually KP's but that they were. They were the same shape, same cable material but with some minor aesthetic changes because of a lawsuit from KP about them. Apparently, from what she told me, they're produced in the same factory or same company. But she didn't tell me when they'd be coming out... *shrugs* I don't know if this is the same set or not, but it would stand to reason that it could be.
TreshaRuthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
jdee
Working the Gusset

Thanks for the link. I really like those. I think I read that knitPro and Knitpicks are made from the same company. If that's true, anyone who likes knitpicks needles should like these. I personally love the different colored wood ones.

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
I bet my stash that they are the same needle with the exception those few aesthetic differences!
I like WEBS version, too, however IMHO...KnitPicks is still the company to deal with because of their excellent customer service. I'm not knocking WEBS, but you just cannot beat KnitPicks for taking care of even the smallest issues that arise...and they take care of your issue immediately, no questions asked, no fuss, no muss!

Is WEBS gonna send you a replacement cable? Or replace any 1 piece of your set? They might take back the entire set...but I don't think they're set up to deal with "parts" issues. It's all or nothing.

In my book, KnitPicks rocks!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote