Old 04-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
energisedbunny
Casting On

A Beginner Cardigan Knit-Along!
Hi everyone!
I thought I'd say howdy and let you guys know about a knit-along!

I'm a beginner and met Gail, an experienced knitter through Ravelry. We decided to do a knit-along on our blogs.

Anyway, we are going to be knitting the Miette cardigan.
It's cute, and free too!

You can see our intro blog posts here:
http://gksagenda.blogspot.co.nz/2012...ing-along.html
http://makingitwell.blogspot.co.nz/2...ong-plans.html

Gail is going to be doing lots of helpful walking-through for beginners!

Hope this doesn't come off as self promotional, but basically, I want as many people as possible to join, the more the merrier right? Gail is going to be putting plenty of work into her posts and I want as many people as possible to benefit

I just love the online community there is around sewing and knitting/crochet, it's so supportive and nice And also knittinghelp is a great resource for learning, I've benefitted from it a lot! If you think you'd like to knit along, do join us!

Last edited by energisedbunny : 08-10-2012 at 08:02 PM.
energisedbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to energisedbunny For This Useful Post:
akarateka (04-13-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
energisedbunny
Casting On

Well, we're into the knit-along! We have a bunch of people joining in, so itís really great! Gail has been doing tonnes of informative posts, and Iíve been putting up my newbieís perspective, and what Iíve learned, so I really think anyone wanting to make their first cardigan will find loads of info and help
There is still time to join, as the time-frame is super loose, and people are at lots of different speeds and stages of progress.

If I can do it, being as green as I am, anyone can! Itís really exciting

You can see the posts here: http://gksagenda.blogspot.co.nz/sear...te%20knitalong
http://makingitwell.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/miette

Old 07-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #3
deann
Knitting the Flap

Too late???
Originally Posted by energisedbunny View Post
Well, we're into the knit-along! We have a bunch of people joining in, so itís really great! Gail has been doing tonnes of informative posts, and Iíve been putting up my newbieís perspective, and what Iíve learned, so I really think anyone wanting to make their first cardigan will find loads of info and help
There is still time to join, as the time-frame is super loose, and people are at lots of different speeds and stages of progress.

If I can do it, being as green as I am, anyone can! Itís really exciting

You can see the posts here: http://gksagenda.blogspot.co.nz/sear...te%20knitalong
http://makingitwell.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/miette

This sounds like so much fum, however, I see you posted it in April, are yawl done with the project yet :-)) I am relative new as well. I am so very glad I found this website. The knitting community is by far the best online groups I have been involed with.

I would LOVE to join the knitt-along. Please let me know where you are in the stage of knitting the cardigan. Thank you. If too late, maybe I can join your next one!!
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
deann
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by energisedbunny View Post
Hi everyone!
I thought I'd say howdy and let you guys know about a knit-along!

I'm a beginner and met Gail, an experienced knitter through Ravelry. We decided to do a knit-along on our blogs.

Anyway, we are going to be knitting the Miette cardigan.
It's cute, and free too!

You can see our intro blog posts here:
http://gksagenda.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/knitting-along.html
http://makingitwell.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/knit-along-plans.html

Gail is going to be doing lots of helpful walking-through for beginners!

Hope this doesn't come off as self promotional, but basically, I want as many people as possible to join, the more the merrier right? Gail is going to be putting plenty of work into her posts and I want as many people as possible to benefit

I just love the online community there is around sewing and knitting/crochet, it's so supportive and nice And also knittinghelp is a great resource for learning, I've benefitted from it a lot! If you think you'd like to knit along, do join us!
Okay I spoke too soon. I just looked at the pattern and am not sure how it can be a begginer's pattern?? I mean WOW yikes! If that is beginner then I am in serious trouble. It is very beautifiul, please let me know how you are doing on it. Thanks for posting this too.
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,467 Times in 3,143 Posts
It looks like a clear pattern with a list of abbreviations at the end and good schematics. I wouldn't be put off by the initial directions for the yoke. They look complicated but are actually just stitch by stitch instructions for the eyelet pattern at the neck. The blogs look helpful too and if you have questions, you know where you can always ask!
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
catlvr
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
It looks like a clear pattern with a list of abbreviations at the end and good schematics. I wouldn't be put off by the initial directions for the yoke. They look complicated but are actually just stitch by stitch instructions for the eyelet pattern at the neck. The blogs look helpful too and if you have questions, you know where you can always ask!
I started it, and am a beginner. I am on row 36. So far, so good.
catlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
energisedbunny
Casting On

Well, I finished mine!
Hi everyone!
I'm happy to hear some of you started yours!
And if you have any questions, visit either of our blogs, or get in touch. We love to help!

Here is the finished cardigan!

I'm happy and proud!
And as a beginner, I know that any other beginner can do it, since I managed it! You can do it, don't be afraid!

You can see more photos and information here at the blog post I made about the finished cardigan
http://makingitwell.blogspot.co.nz/2...-me-right.html

Yay knitting!!
DavidSydney63 (09-26-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,467 Times in 3,143 Posts
Well done! The sweater looks amazing. Your encouragement is much appreciated.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Very adorable! You did a wonderful job!! It's a really cute design!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
Knithead12
Casting On

Definitely wanna try this :-)
I am very interested in trying this though I am sure everyone is thru with their projects. I too am a beginner but always looking to try new patterns and projects to help me learn new things here and there. One question though: Do I join Flickr to see the pattern and helpful blog posts or is there another website? I tried clicking on the links in your original post but they brought me to a page that said it no longer exists. Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Knithead12 is offline   Reply With Quote