Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 AM   #1
disha
Ribbing the Cuff

July 2012 thread: addi click needles and the difference
hello everyone ,
i want to buy interchangable knitting needles
and read lots of reviews regarding it and came to the conclusion that addi click needles are good than others
but i am very confused i first time came to the notice that there are lace needles too
which are seperate from normal knitting needles
what is the difference between lace needles and normal knitting needles ?
and can lace needles be used in knitting socks than hats sweaters etc
lace needles has blue cord size 16, 20, 24, 32, and 40
soo thought that this set will be all in one and i dont have to invest more in buying needles
pls can anyone suggest and help
and if anyone has been using addi click can pls give me a review about it
thank uuuuu soo much
disha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,500 Times in 3,175 Posts
I love the Addi needles because the slick surface is perfect for my style of knitting. The lace needles are slightly more tapered at the tip making them easier to insert into the stitches used in lace. Here's a review that seems helpful although it may be one you've seen already.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
psquidy
Turning the Heel

i have the addi click turno set and i love them . I know other people with the knit picks option and they've had some problems with them disconnecting. I had a problem with two of my cords and I call Addi (on a holiday) and was told to go to any store that carried Addi clicks and they would tear apart the set they had in store to supply me with my cords no questions asked. they did just that and I thought it was great. Life time warranty, you don't need the recipt and the needles are THE BEST! I love them. I wouldn't go with the lace set unless you do a lot of lace. I'm sure whatever you buy you will love
Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Christinechrstms1
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Skype™ to Christinechrstms1
Originally Posted by psquidy View Post
i have the addi click turno set and i love them . I know other people with the knit picks option and they've had some problems with them disconnecting. I had a problem with two of my cords and I call Addi (on a holiday) and was told to go to any store that carried Addi clicks and they would tear apart the set they had in store to supply me with my cords no questions asked. they did just that and I thought it was great. Life time warranty, you don't need the recipt and the needles are THE BEST! I love them. I wouldn't go with the lace set unless you do a lot of lace. I'm sure whatever you buy you will love
I have just ordered the Knit Picks Harmony. The only time mine loosened was when I didn't use the key to tighten the cable to the needle. I advised that if someone is having an issue with the cable coming apart to try to have someone else tighten it. If the cable holds then that could possibly indicate muscle fatigue or other common problems such as inflammation. I like Harmony as they are great for lace or regular knitting and cost $84.00. The yarn slides easily across the needle and cable but isn't so slick that you are fighting to keep the stitches on the needle. The Knit Picks customer service is unlike any customer service I have ever seen. I purchased the trial set and one needle had a bit of a rough joint. They mailed me out 2 additional needles ad said to just toss the one away. No questions asked. I also recently broke a cable, I think I bent it at the joint and again they promptly sent a new one out. Actually 2 new ones as they come in a set. Again they trusted that the cable was in fact broken. I offered to mail it to them in which they responded " it isn't necessary" With my first order there was a misunderstanding with shipping charges as I thought my order had free shipping ( promotion isn't available in Canada due to customs) and they refunded my charge any way. Any company that is that attentive to their customers has my business for life. The trial set is $19.00 for a set of 3 needles and 2 cables. You get a size 6 Harmony pair, size 7 nickle plated and size 8 acrylic. Addi click may have a trial set as well. I'm not sure. I thought I seen one for $21.00 but it may have been something different.

Does anyone know if Addi does have a trial set? If so where can I buy them. I would like to give them a shot as well.
Christinechrstms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
JLonier
1st Leg of the Journey

I've never had a problem with my options disconnecting. I once broke a needle and the cord by over tightening and knit pics replaced both without charge.

I've done a lot of poking the internet reading reviews about Addi's. The only real complaint I've seen (aside from the ridiculous cost) is the cord can get twisted up and be difficult to get relaxed again. Don't know how true that is or not just what my own research has shown me. I have all the knit pics and love 'em all for various reasons.
JLonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
I've only had the join loosen a few times and that was before I started using the http://www.organize.com/grlishli20x5...f liner grippy to tighten and loosen. Another hint... Always hold the metal part when you tighten or loosen, never the cable itself. I also slide stitches without yanking.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

I have the KnitPick Options set, with the nickel needle points and I love it more than human words can convey. Let's just say that I love them slightly less than my motorcycle and that about puts it in the correct perspective.

However, with that said, I am having a cousin from Holland bring me a set of Addi Cliks when they come later this spring because it's A)cheaper to buy there and B) I'm cheap. I'm looking forward to comparing and contrasting (with the added bonus that I can use this "study" to justify buying more yarn for more projects). Hope you enjoy yours. And just for clarity's sake, I have never, not once, had a problem disengaging my needles from the cables nor had a problem with yarn catching on the joins.
OTN: Writer's Cardigan
OTN: Hats!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/ARichter
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote