Old 10-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
gina18
Casting On

Debbie Bliss Cable and Rib Tunic
I just completed both saddle shoulders of this pattern and the next step is to shape the neck. The pattern says to Patt 6 and turn. W
ork on this set of sts only. Dec one st at inside (neck) edge on next row and 3 alt rows. Patt 1 row. Work 2tog and fasten off. With right side facing, slip 12 sts onto a holder, rejoin yarn to rem sts and part to end. Complete as given for first side.
When I work on the 6 sts these part of the patt gets taller and it leaves a hole in the work, making it difficult to part 1 row. What am I doing wrong. I don't think I am reading the patt correctly. Any help would be appreciated.
gina18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gina18 For This Useful Post:
arobertstts3023 (10-25-2013), lialtSole (10-31-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,467 Times in 3,143 Posts
This part of the pattern (6 stitches only) should get taller to give you a nice opening at the neck. Is the hole at the decreases for the neck edge? If so you can decrease one stitch in from the edge. That will give you a nice line along the neck edge.
Pattern one row shouldn't be any more difficult to work than the previous rows. There will be an opening at the center but that's part of the pattern. If it makes it easier, you can slip the unworked sts to a holder while you work with the 6 stitches for the shoulder then go back to the held sts for the center and the second shoulder.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...-and-rib-tunic