Old 11-17-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

New Forum categories
I've just added a couple of new forum categories, and may be adding more.

I welcome suggestions for more categories. I will be keeping them to a minimum, so we don't feel scattered.

Please bear with me as I continue to tweak this site!
Thanks,

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:30 PM   #2
amigarabita
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to amigarabita
Maybe a catagory just for questions/advice (knitting related of course)? I was just about to ask a ? on here and didn't really know where to put it. For now i think i will just start a dumb questions thread under general knitting.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestion, Amigarabita!

I thought about that, and decided to keep the questions in with the main category. I'm trying to keep as few categories as possible. I've been on boards where there was just one category, and I liked the cozy feel of it. I think too many categories can scatter the group, where the newbies only hang out in the questions forum, and the old timers prefer the other forums. This way, we all get to know each other, and share the main forum in common, and then the questions will get answered by everyone.

Also, I figure most posts are going to be questions anyway. I think this is the heart of the forum, and keeping it centrally located just feels right.

By all means, post your questions to the "General Knitting" forum! It's really what it's there for!

Great to have you on board! Keep the posts coming!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote