Old 01-21-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
KNITBIT
1st Leg of the Journey

Seed Stitch?
Hi all,

I'm currently knitting my first project, a scarf. With regular worst weight yarn. I'm using size 9 needles.

The stitches look good. I like the pattern the seed stitch gives. The problem I'm noticing though is... I'm noticing lil holes in some places. I think it may be my tension. Or perhaps when I'm actually knitting the stitches. Who knows? Other places in the scarf you can't see through it..it's solid. The holes aren't huge. Just enough to annoy you..like, "what's going on here?"

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

KNITBIT
KNITBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
Marnie
1st Leg of the Journey

Unfortunately, that's just a matter of tension. If you are using a wool or wool blend yarn, it'll probably all look fine after you wash and block it. You may still be able to adjust a little with other fibers, but wool is definitely the most forgiving yarn for tension problems.

I would bet that once it's done, no one will notice but you that it's not completely perfect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
KNITBIT
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks for your input Marnie!

Oh well.... I decided to make a scarf first for practice. So lol I guess I just have to continue practicing. As they say, "Practice makes Perfect." But in my case "almost, but not quite perfect". LOL!

KNITBIT
KNITBIT is offline   Reply With Quote