Old 01-29-2005, 01:29 PM   #1
Beverly
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Beverly Send a message via MSN to Beverly
Teddy Bears
I have wanted to pick up two knitting books on Teddy Bears. The titles are Beautiful Bears: Handknitted Bears for Special Occasions, and The Knitted Teddy Bear. Has anyone picked them up? What is your opinion on them? Please let me know.

Happy Knitting, Beverly
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
I just purchased The Knitted Teddy Bear about a week ago. I've yet to actually knit any bears from it, but it seems like a winner at first glance. The book also includes some clothing patterns for the bears too! They don't require a lot of yarn and they are all fairly small bears, so I think they can be made in a short amount of time.

Hope that helps!

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

I **ALWAYS** check out amazon.com before I buy any book, whether or not I intend to order from their site. I think the customer reviews are really helpful, and you hear opinions from many people who have used the book, and possibly why it did or didn't work for them.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
I **ALWAYS** check out amazon.com before I buy any book, whether or not I intend to order from their site. I think the customer reviews are really helpful, and you hear opinions from many people who have used the book, and possibly why it did or didn't work for them.
I totally agree! I checked out the amazon review. There's actually only one review posted; it's a 5 star review. In addition to checking out the consumer reviews on amazon, I also jot down the ISBN and go to Barnes & Nobles to examine that book with my own two eyes. I hardly ever actually order books from Amazon or buy them from Barnes&Nobles. Barnes & Nobles retail is never cheap and BN.com and Amazon.com match the retail prices once you roll in shipping & handling. So internet discounts only work if you meet the free s&h requirements. :( So I just use them for the research phase and then buy the book from a small "mom & pop" bookstore down the street. They give discounts just from ordering from them ... it's a standard 20% off and you never even have to worry about any s&h ... even on so called "special orders" :D

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote