Old 04-02-2005, 02:46 AM   #1
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

KH Monthly Challenge: APRIL--Knit something knotty

Okay, new fun KAL! I thought it would be fun to see how each of us uses our creativity.... and also help those of us (me) who suffer from knitter's block!

I'm going to be heading this up every month, and the best part is that you can do it in conjunction with any other project you're already working on! (so none of this "but I'm already doing something, can we start later" stuff) You can also create a totally new project if you want.

Here's how it will work: each month, I will give you a challenge. Your mission is to interpret that challenge, knit it, and take a pic to submit on that month's thread in the KAL forum. How you do it it totally up to you!
So, I thought the Beldie/KK pun on "knotty-naughty" was cute, so your challenge this month is to knit something "knotty"... anything you do that is knotty will fulfill the challenge; I knitted an i-cord, and tied it in a knot for an example (will post pic in the AM with my *new* digicam!!). Maybe you are knitting a sweater--add some celtic knot fair isle to the cuffs. Maybe you're Beldie and you have the perfect edible underwear pattern you want to try. Think of how you can add something knotty to your current project, or come up with something new, and then post/link to your pics when you're finished.

I got this idea from Beadwork Magazine, where they have a column each month on beading "something"... one month is was "bead something edible" and people sent in phots of a beaded BLT, beaded eggs, a beaded ketchup bottle... someone "beaded" a bikkini out of twizzler bits and lifesavers. Here's a link , if you're interested.

SO, get those needles going people! If you have any ideas for future months let me know!

[Hildie asked me what I thought of this idea, and I said "Sounds Awesome!" I told her she could head this up as an official "KH Monthly Challenge." Thanks Hildie! ~Amy]
Old 04-02-2005, 03:58 AM   #2
midnightskyfibers
1st Leg of the Journey

this sounds awesome (and another cool place that does this is lj's fiber friday), though i liek the idea of a topic a month since weekly is hard to keep up with O.o

(anyone here up for some "strip knitting" for this one? )
Midnightsky Fibers Blog
midnightskyfibers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

I'm in! I need practice on an I-cord so I may steal that idea! Good job on this KAL, I love it
Old 04-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

okay! here's my something knotty. Simple, silly, has no other uses. but YOUR "something knotty" can have lots of uses; it's all about being creative! (i should go on QVC or something)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	knot.jpg
Views:	7703
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	19486  
Old 04-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Sounds like it might be time for a WEENIE WARMER!!! *rubs hands together* hee hee hee...
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #6
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

funny you should mention that... as i was finishing the icord, DH came in the room and asked me what i was doing; I showed him the 2-foot finished product, and he said "oh great, I wondered when you were going to finish my warmer... you'd better add a few more stitches though" :rollseyes:
Old 04-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
... as i was finishing the icord, DH came in the room and asked me what i was doing; I showed him the 2-foot finished product, and he said "oh great, I wondered when you were going to finish my warmer... you'd better add a few more stitches though" :rollseyes:
:rofling: :rofling: :rofling: Hildie, that's soooo funny.

Okay ladies, fasten your seatbelts. Innocent Amy here has been working on something QUITE Knotty.
And I even started it before this month's Challenge was announced.... Ready?!

I'm designing a pattern for a set of "Garter-belt Pockets." Elegant thigh-warmers that are suspended by a garter belt, and have pockets to hold your Cell phone & other small essentials, totally hidden so they won't show a bulge when wearing a skirt. The best part is, when your cell phone rings, you get to reach up your skirt to grab it!

They're very pretty, if I do say so myself. Innocent white, with a lacy top edge. When I can figure out how to post a picture tastefully, I'll do it!! They're nearly done!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

OOOOHHHH Amy is getting pervey on us!

*sniff* I just feel like my little girl is growing up.

Ok really though... those sound soooooooo cool! I would be all over that!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #9
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Originally Posted by amy
Okay ladies, fasten your seatbelts. Innocent Amy here has been working on something QUITE Knotty.
I've always thought that it's the ones who appear most innocent that have the WILDEST fantasies running through their heads!!!

YOU GO, AMY GIRLFRIEND!!!!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #10
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Quote:

And I even started it before this month's Challenge was announced.... Ready?!

I'm designing a pattern for a set of "Garter-belt Pockets." Elegant thigh-warmers that are suspended by a garter belt, and have pockets to hold your Cell phone & other small essentials, totally hidden so they won't show a bulge when wearing a skirt. The best part is, when your cell phone rings, you get to reach up your skirt to grab it!

They're very pretty, if I do say so myself. Innocent white, with a lacy top edge. When I can figure out how to post a picture tastefully, I'll do it!! They're nearly done!

Amy
You definitley have to post that! Modesty be damned. Seems like a really fun project.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote