Old 04-28-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
foothills
Turning the Heel

FINISHED...WHEW....Inserting handles on bag
Ok Here I am again...I am trying to follow the directions on the booga bag pattern for inserting the i-cord...do I thread the left handle all the way through on the left side and back through the right side and then take the right handle and insert it back through the holes to the left side of the bag and tie the knot? Maybe I'm just a confused soul...again, probably more simple than I'm making it out to be

Joyce
foothills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
twiggyann
1st Leg of the Journey

Welcome to my world. I finally just improvised because I never could figure out the directions. I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone ever understood and if they did, whether or not they can explain it so that it makes sense. *laugh*

Knitting Blog: http://www.mapleontheweb.com
It's moved if you had trouble getting in before!
twiggyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:44 PM   #3
foothills
Turning the Heel

Lesley,

I e-mailed the designer of the bag and she sent this response which still doesn't help me much!!

Joyce --

Hi! I'm not sure that I can explain it any more clearly, but here is a link to the Booga Bag gallery:

http://boogaj.typepad.com/photos/kur...ery/index.html

There are a ton of pictures here, so maybe that will help!

Thanks & Happy Knitting!
Julie Anderson
Black Sheep Bags
http://www.blacksheepbags.com

Again, I looked at all of the bags, but the pattern instructions are not very clear to me at all! I have threaded and rethreaded...maybe someone can help!

Joyce
Old 04-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #4
kimmie
Turning the Heel

I have tried to type out how to do this, but gave up and deleted it because my explanation was clear as mud & I was afraid I'd mess you up. I'll try again though...just bear with me. Also, I gave my booga bag away as a gift, so this is from memory & heck, I'm not even sure I did it the "right" way, but it looked great.

For starters, you have the tops pinched in a couple of inches on both sides, like sideways V's.....> and <, right? So, it's sort of like a sandwich if you look at the top of the bag head on - one long side, then the top of the sideways V, then the bottom of the sideways V and then the bottom long side:

_________
> <
_________ except that those v's connect to the long lines. With me so

far?

Your tied, knotted ends are going to wind up inside those v's.
Let's work with the left side first. Poke a hole through the top part of the V, centered pretty much in the middle of that V. Continue poking through the adjacent top long side. Pull your cord through these two holes. If you mess up, don't worry, felt is forgiving. Now repeat this on the right side, and pull your cord through these holes too. Remember to thread the cord so that the ends/knots are in the V's and the handle itself is on the outside of the bag.

Repeat that whole process on the bottom with the 2nd cord. Make your knots and you're good to go.

I hope that helped. Like I said, I have no idea if that is the right way to do it, but it's cute and functional.
kimmie
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
foothills
Turning the Heel

Thanks Kimmie...Your instructions were a big help...my husband tells me that I try to complicate everything lately!! Here's a photo of the finished bag.

Joyce
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	im001963.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	19749