Old 08-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
Ennormir
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Ennormir Send a message via MSN to Ennormir Send a message via Yahoo to Ennormir
Hogwarts Scarf
I know a lot of people are probably going to try and knit a nifty scarf before the new movie premier, and I had a hunch I'm not the only on KH who is. So I figured I'd start a knit-along! Yay!

There are two different scarves I'll be making. One is a block scarf as in the first and second movies. The pattern I'm using is here.

The scarf I'm working on now is like the scarves in The Prisoner of Azkaban, and from what I can tell, it'll be like the one's in Goblet of Fire too. XD The pattern for that scarf is here.

I just started knitting it today. I hope someone joins me!

Old 08-21-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
tab
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to tab
I'm at my fourth stripe in the first scarf - does that still count? I didn't like the PoA design as much, so I'm sticking to the design from the first two movies. It's actually going to be a Christmas present for my little brother, but if I can get it done by the time the movie comes out it'd be neat.
I'm considering investing in some books on cassette/CD, though. I can only take so much of this knitting every row before I need something else to do or I go insane.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Ennormir
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Ennormir Send a message via MSN to Ennormir Send a message via Yahoo to Ennormir
Welcome to the knit-along! Yay!!!

I like that design too. What house scarf are you making? I'm making a slytherin scarf, and it's a birthday present for my little sister. I'll also be trying to make a ravenclaw book color PoA style scarf for myself, and a Ravenclaw movie Sorcerer's Stone version scarf for my cousin. @__@ Prbably not before the movie, but I do want to make them. :D

I'm really glad you joined!
Old 08-21-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
tab
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to tab
Whoops, I forgot to mention. I'm making the Gryffindor scarf because that's just the way my little brother is - he'd love to be Harry Potter. I might make myself a Ravenclaw scarf sometime, although I don't know which colour set I'd use. The bibliophile in me wants to stay true to the books, but the magpie in me likes the shiny silver so much. Bah, nobody will get it either way, since Ravenclaw gets next to no publicity. It'll just be a pretty scarf.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:58 PM   #5
Ennormir
Knitting the Flap

LOL! I understand! But that'll actually work in my favor. I'll be able to wear the scarf everwhere without being labled as an HPfanatic. Which is good sometimes.

I'm having a hard time deciding which colors to make too. I love the book version, because it's canon. But I LOVE silver and blue together!!! I think I'll just have to make two.

I finished the first MC stripe, and the first CC stripe. I'm working on the next MC and I'm trying to finish at least the second CC by tonight. Then I might have a fighting chance of getting this scarf done within three weeks. ^^"
Old 08-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #6
D
1st Leg of the Journey

You're not the only one! I'm doing the PS/SS/CoS scarf, I started it on August 7th. I'm a little more than halfway done. I've been stalling lately, though. I'm working on something else for a little bit.

Diane
D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:33 PM   #7
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

WOW! Cool idea!!! I hope everyone posts pics!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #8
D
1st Leg of the Journey

Here's some progress pics for me so far:
8-7-05:

8-8-05:

8-15-05:
D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:38 AM   #9
Ennormir
Knitting the Flap

Oh WOW!!! Your scarf looks awesome!!

Way to go!!!

I'm currently ripping my progress and waiting for my circulars to come in. I hope my scarf turns out so beautfifully!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #10
Cynthia Blue
Casting On

Send a message via ICQ to Cynthia Blue Send a message via AIM to Cynthia Blue Send a message via MSN to Cynthia Blue
Mine is done! Well, except for the tassels, hopefully they'll go on tonight.

http://www.cynthiablue.net/mygallery/HPScarf
Cynthia Blue is offline   Reply With Quote