Old 06-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Pixywhispers
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Pixywhispers
Converting in the round to flat
Its stocknette. So do I just knit the ws rows? I dont have to knit any extra rows for length, do I?

Thanks,

There is a time to be born and a time to die. A time to laugh and a time to cry, but there never seems to be enough time to knit.-Anon. (or to visit KH!)

Come visit my blog.
Pixywhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
IrishBaby
Knitting the Flap

Gauge often differs with flat vs. circular knitting. Flat tends to be bigger than circular. Plus you may need to add two stitches as a seam allowance. Swatching would be good!
IrishBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Pixywhispers
Turning the Heel

Thanks for the warning Irish baby. I did add 2 extra for seaming. I dont know why I didnt say so in the begining but it has eyelits and I guess thats why Im a bit freaked out and being cautious. Ive casted on three times over several days and keep having such ridiculous problems. It didnt even occur to me to swatch! Ive had such a fit with trying in the round first. I will go swatch. Thanks.

There is a time to be born and a time to die. A time to laugh and a time to cry, but there never seems to be enough time to knit.-Anon. (or to visit KH!)

Come visit my blog.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Re: Converting in the round to flat
Originally Posted by Pixywhispers
Its stocknette. So do I just knit the ws rows? I dont have to knit any extra rows for length, do I?

Thanks,
If it's stockinette, you should knit the right side and purl the wrong side.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
Pixywhispers
Turning the Heel

Thanks Ingrid. I'm sure I'm going to be proud of this once I'm finish, and I hope the tough part is behind me. Its just a simple hat, and I sure am making it harder.

I'm taking it on the road tommorrow and am just trying to get all my ducks in a row. Irish Baby, Ingrid, do one of you have a 1-800 number just in case I really mess up?

Come visit my blog.