Old 08-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
dbavaria
Casting On

D Macomber Knit help Part II
You all were so helpful with my last question...I have one more.

As I stated before, I am making the baby blanket "Only the Finest for Amelia" on page 14 of the "Knit Along with Debbie Macomber, The Shop on Blossom Street" book. My question is in regards to the lace border again. The instructions read:

Row 4: K2 * slip second st on right needle over first st, K1, slip second st on right needle over first st, YO, P2 tog, K2; repeat from * across 11 sts.

The part I am confused about is "slip second st on right needle over first st, K1, slip second st on right needle over first st,"
Is there anyone out there that can try to explain this to me? I'm not really sure wether it means the second stitch made or the second stitch from the tip. Either way I am alittle sketchy as to how to do this. Thank you SO much! Denise
dbavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
jsauer
Ribbing the Cuff

yeah, I'm pretty curious about that instruction too. It would seem that they mean the second stitch from the tip. then do the YO, P2Tog, K2 and begin the process again. Bad use of numbers though, 'cause my logic would read "now slip the first stitch over the second" - But WAIT - do you have a picture of the pattern? Is this a bobble? Usually when you slip one stitch over another the instructions then say "and off the needle." Is it a lacy pattern or is there supposed to be a bobble? Now I'm REALLY confused!

Good luck.
jsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
Boogs
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Boogs
Without thinking too much about it, I would say that you would slip the first k st over the second and off the needle but that's just me...

I am not obsessed, I'm just highly pre-occupied!

Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I'd say to lift the second stitch from the tip of the right needle over the stitch nearest to the tip and off the needle. Then you knit one from the left needle, and do the same thing on the right needle again, continue with the yo, etc, rinse and repeat.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
dbavaria
Casting On

Thank you!
Thank you all. Ingrid, your instructions make sense and "feels right"....thanks!

Denise
dbavaria is offline   Reply With Quote