Has anybody done this project? http://www.craftown.com/knit/knit33.htm
Need help
Thanks in advance
fastknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
We needn't have made it to be willing to help. What are you having trouble with?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
fastknit
Casting On

Well, trouble starts when the pattern for the back neck says, ‘Shape neck and shoulder as given for front.’

1)What is given for front K21 K2 tog…………………. The st. count obviously does not match with the back and neither is it mentioned as to how to adjust the st. count for the back. ( I have 36 st. for one half of the back side)

2)After two lines it is given K 5, ( k 2 tog, k 2) twice for neck and leave these 11 sts on st holder…………I don’t have 22 st. to continue working upon.

3)For the neckband, pick up and knit 18 sts along other side of neck……… this I cannot interpret myself.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Instead of looking at the numbers of the pattern, maybe you should only look at where those decreases occur. If you decreased a certain way--every row at the neck edge for the front, then you need to do the same for the back.

Shape Armholes: Cast off 4 sts beginning next 2 rows. (66 sts on needle). Continue eve until bodice measures 4 1/4 inches ending with purl row

Cast off 4 stitches at the outer edges for the armholes on the back, regardless of the number of stitches left.

Working on these 22 sts continue in stocking st, dec 1 st at nech edge every row to 18 sts on needle

You decreased 4 stitches on the front for the neck edges, ,so do the same at the back.

Clear enough?

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
fastknit
Casting On

Ok, got it . And I also went by measurements so that the bodice is now 5 1/2 inches. After this there is a 9 st. cast off on alternate rows at armhole edge. Having done that, I have 14 st. on one half of the back.
the other half being on the st. holder. Condisering I do the same thing for the second half, I still don't know how to do the row before the neckband

K 5, ( k 2 tog, k 2) twice for neck and leave these 11 sts on st holder.................
Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
Ingrid
Mod Squad

It looks like you reduce these stitches to 11 and leave them on a holder. Later, when you work the neckband, you'll put them back on the needle to include them with the stitches you pick up along the other edges.

IngridKH on Ravelry