Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
knitaddict
Turning the Heel

Portuguese knitting?
I found a video on YouTube about Portuguese knitting. I have scoured the net trying to find a tutorial, but have only found one that I'd have to pay $25 for. Does anyone know where I could find one? This is fascinating to me.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Is that the method where the yarn goes around the neck? If so there are instructions with pictures in Montse Stanley's The Knitter's Handbook. It says it's easier to do purling than knitting, and thus is usually done from the wrong side. Hooked needles are traditionally used.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote