Old 12-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
Debbie
Working the Gusset

Distaff Day/Orlando OOPS - I meant to put this in FL
The first year I learned to knit I thought I was the only person in Orlando who knits. I had joined a Florida knitting yahoo group and when the information about Distaff Day arrived, I decided to go. WOW a huge room full of knitters and spinners .... and I found my WONDERFUL knitting group .... Knit or Knot !! If you are looking for a central Florida group ... this is a great place to start!!!

3rd Annual Orlando Area Distaff Day
Hosted by
“OAKS”
(Orlando Area Knitters & Spinners)

Date: Saturday, January 6th, 2007 Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm

4700 Lincoln Ave.
Orlando, FL 32819

Cost: $5.00 – (Monies collected will be given to the church for the use of the room)

What to Bring:

1. Spinning Wheel, Knitting, Weaving, Beading, etc. (whatever you have put away, or not, and want to work on)

2. Bag Lunch – There is a Publix and Albertson’s close by with a deli if any one forgets.

3. Coffee or Tea mug - The Hosting Guilds will provide the beverage and treats. (cookies and veggies)

4. Item for the “Yankee Swap” Put in a plain paper bag and seal so the contents cannot be viewed. This item should have a value of up to $20.00 and should also be something that if you get you will be thrilled!!! (Because you might!!)

5. Items for the “Sale Table” Just like last year. Items that you have decided you might not want and would like to sell. Put a tag on the item with you name and price.

6. FREE TABLE – Some people prefer just to give things away, so get to the “Distaff Day” early “The early bird gets the worm!!”

7. The “Fashion Show” – Bring an item you made this year and share with us your experience and talent!!!!

All activities are voluntary. Feel free to participate in all or none

The second page of this attachment is a notice that we hope you print off and give to your local yarn shop. Invite all your friends!!! The nicest part of this event is not having to worry about canceling due to a blizzard, as we often did up north!!!!!

See you on the 6th!!!!!

The Orlando Knitters and Spinners are happy to announce again:

“The 3rd Annual Distaff Day”

Presbyterian Church of the Lakes
4700 Lincoln Ave.
Orlando, FL 32819

Saturday, January 6th from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm

Day’s Events

10:00 -12:00 - Meet, Greet, Coffee, Goodies, Spin, and Knit
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 - Fashion Show
2:00 - 3:00 - ‘Yankee Swap’