Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
rosefields
Knitting the Flap

Sock care...
Hello everyone,

I admit to catching the sock bug ..having knit 20+ socks over the past few months!
My question or request is..does anyone have any hints for remembering the washing instructions on the socks? For the gifted socks, I included the yarn wrapper. But, I am having a tough time trying to figure out how to keep track of the washing instructions for my personal sock collection.
ie. can I mark the socks in a specific way that would remind me of its washing instructions?

After awhile, I forget which yarn is what and which yarn requires what type of wash/care

Your hints/input would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa
rosefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

Maybe you could just stitch an X in different colors of sock yarn on the tops or bottoms of the toe to remind you. say yellow x for socks that are machine washable and red x for ones that are not.

Finished '07:
scrunchable scarf,kitty pi, ribbed hat for a newborn, garter stitch rib socks, grandma's favorite washcloths (3), monkey socks, FT clogs, Saturday Market Bag, Pomatomus
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
redwitch
Working the Gusset

I like to keep my labels and get a short length of wool - say 10 centimetres - and tie it on to the label (I poke a hole in the label). So when you wonder how do I wash these blue socks? Look at your labels, the label from the wool you used on the blue socks will have a piece of matching wool tied to it. Should work as long as you don't make different pairs in wool that LOOKS identical but has different washing requirements.
Sarah
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote