Old 01-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
knitchick27
Casting On

Looking for knitters in GA!
Hello, all-looking for knitters in the North Georgia (Atlanta) area.

knitchick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Deeknit
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Deeknit
bump....

I don't live in Atlanta, but I do travel up there. Where do you like to go? I've been to Knitch shortly after it opened. It was a very nice store but hard to find a place to park.
www.deeknitter.blogspot.com
Deeknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Blaise
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm in Augusta, but that doesn't really help does it?
Blaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
RuthK
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm in Atlanta! I go to Nease's (very nice people, not the greatest selection) and Needle Nook (better selection, but not my vibe as much). I keep meaning to go to Knitch, and recently met a woman who teaches there who was really nice.

I just wish I could find a knitting group who met in my part of town sometime after my kids go to bed. The groups that meet after 7:30 or so all seem too far away...
RuthK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Cristy
Instepping Out

Hey Ladies--I live in Stockbridge which is about 20-25 miles south of Atlanta and I have a SNB that meets in Morrow on Mt. Zion Rd. at the Caribou Coffee on Monday nights from about 6:30 until we get ready to leave or they kick us out. Some don't trickle in until closer to 7:00ish...it's small but we make do. We used to meet in McDonough at a large coffee shop but some of us had difficulties w/ the owner being rude.

I don't know if any of you are close enough to join us but we'd love to have you if so. My favorite LYS, btw, by far is Knitch. I used to go to why knot knit but don't care for a couple of their policies, etc. I've been to Needlenook--they're helpful and friendly enough--I'm just not in the area too much. I've been to Strings and Strands and it was okay (Sandy Springs area) and I've been to Nease's once but it's been a while ago.

If any of you are in the area and interested in coming to our SNB--we'd love to have you--PM me and let me know your coming. Oh--we also have a yahoo group that we post on: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southsideSNB

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
Pat in NW Alabama
Casting On

If you are near or travel to Marietta try The Purly Gates right near the Marietta Square. It is located in Historic Marietta Square! 1.5 miles west of the Big Chicken across from Courthouse Building C. 170 Roswell Street, Marietta, GA 30060. Phone number is: (770) 419-4424. Dana and Ginger, the owners are the nicest people and my mentors for my store. They stay open late on Thursdays for Knit Night. I miss that group now that I have my own Knit Night in Jacksonville, AL that night. The Purly Gates is stocked to the gills :envy: and have lots of classes all through the week. www.thepurlygates.com is their website.
Open- Thursday-Saturday
http://taming-the-ewe.com
http://taming-the-ewe.blogspot.com/

Knitting Days until Christmas

Pat in NW Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
Kitty
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Kitty Send a message via Skype™ to Kitty
In Stone Mountain
Hi all GA knitters! I'm in Stone Mountain. I have a crazy schedule that requires a lot of travel but thought I would chime in. I'm still very new to knitting - just doing my first (easy) sweater now so mainly I drive out to the Michael's in Snellville for supplies but I am going to put the places you have mentioned in my memory and try to get around to them.

Kitty
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #8
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

I'm from GA and I miss it terribly! So hello to all the Georgian knitters out there!
jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #9
knitpeachy
Casting On

Waving around wildly
I'm over here in Douglasville/Dallas/Hiram area and would love to find a group or class that's a bit closer to home. Anyone know of any yarn shops around these parts? I have some of the ones in Marietta/Acworth/Kennesaw on my list when I want to take a Saturday drive but it would be nice to have a local shop.

Anyways, howdy!
knitpeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
squirlyboo
Casting On

new and in Dallas/ Paulding county area
Originally Posted by knitpeachy View Post
I'm over here in Douglasville/Dallas/Hiram area and would love to find a group or class that's a bit closer to home. Anyone know of any yarn shops around these parts? I have some of the ones in Marietta/Acworth/Kennesaw on my list when I want to take a Saturday drive but it would be nice to have a local shop.

Anyways, howdy!
I also am looking for fellow knitters . i am New to it but LOVE it , i am in Dallas . are there any coffee/knitting places in the area or near ?
amanda
squirlyboo is offline   Reply With Quote