Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
circular vs. straight question
I use circulars mostly, but I really like straights and they feel more... authentic to me somehow, I guess...

What I'd like to know without ruining my sweater in progress is how many stitches can comfortably be mashed on straight needles? I'm using WW yarn now, I conceivably can see squishing 122 stitches on 14 inch needles, no?

Is there a rule? thanks a bunch!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
five_six
Turning the Heel

Depends on your yarn really, but i've managed to squeeze 250 onto a 35cm needle, they were VERY cozy though, and were constantly being told to "move to the end of the needle, we got more stitches getting on" - mind you this was in the days before i discovered circs (but i still prefer straights and will use them if i can get away with it, i think the working needle part of circs is too short sometimes, specially for bigger projects like afhgans )

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote