Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Need Advice
okay, I've got a question for all you ladies out there, but first let me preface by saying that I'm happily married (stay with me here) and I'm trying to help my best friend, who happens to be a helpless romantic, get a date. So the question is, what do you ladies look for most in a guy, regardless of appearance?

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
five_six
Turning the Heel

I like a man who is confident (I'm sure you know what I mean by this), and light-hearted! Really, that's pretty much my most important things. There are others that come further down on the list like tolerant, forgiving, a willingness to step outside his box etc, but the first two are my main draw cards to a guy.

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to five_six For This Useful Post:
Rorshach (06-22-2007)
Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
debinoz
Turning the Heel

Honesty and a very good sense of humor. I adore guys that have the ability to come up with a one liner out of the blue.
Rorshach (06-22-2007)
Old 06-22-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
zazzu
1st Leg of the Journey

Yep, here's another vote for a good sense of humor. Funny guys get girls, regardless of appearance. That's the first thing I noticed about my husband's personality when I met him....he's hilarious.

Personally, I hate HATE when men act cocky and brag. I don't care if he's funny, rich and will clean the house - if he's an egomaniac I wouldn't give him the time of day. Truly secure, confident men don't need to act like this.

Your friend putting the word out to friends that he'd like to be set up with a nice woman wouldn't hurt, either. As long as it doesn't come across as desperate.
zazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zazzu For This Useful Post:
Rorshach (06-22-2007)
Old 06-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #5
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Well that's something interesting, humor. His sense of humor is odd, mostly slapstick humor. but I think his biggest problem is that he doesn't know what to say first time out, the icebreaker sort of thing. He's told me that he's tried all sorts of things, but I believe that his confidence comes off as cocky, though some women have told me that he comes off as being very creepy.

Though he says he can't understand why women won't accept somebody who is willing to provide a house, a car and what not. He's heavily into classic cars, and won't drive anything newer than 1970. And while all the cars he has do run, IMHO they look like junk, but I'm not a big car fanatic. I did try to get him interested in knitting though that went over like a lead balloon. :D Anyway, keep the advice rolling in, I appreciate all the comments, and I'm pretty sure he'll appreciate it when he can get a date.

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 AM   #6
five_six
Turning the Heel

Did they elaborate in what way they find him 'creepy' or do you happen to know how he attempts to approach a women - you know, does he use lines and which ones... Very few lines have ever been appealing to me, but there have been a couple that have worked, but that has generally been because of the 'energy' of the man using the line.

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #7
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
Originally Posted by Rorshach View Post
Though he says he can't understand why women won't accept somebody who is willing to provide a house, a car and what not.

That's an odd way to phrase it. Personally, that'd be a huge turn off for me. I don't want someone to "provide" me with things, I want to be with someone I consider an equal--in intelligence, responsibilities, sense of humor, etc. Someone who I can be silly or serious with. Even if there's an inequality in salary, I would want to contribute to the overall financial situation, not feel like I'm being "provided" with something.

Maybe I'm interpreting what he said wrong, but that could be a problem in his approach.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote