Old 10-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
doreen116
Casting On

keeping a cone shape isosceles and not scalene!
Hello all,

I am knitting a witch's hat for Halloween (http://www.maggiesrags.com/freewitchhat.html). I'm hoping my wearing it will drum up "business" for my lunchtime knitting club for my students. Here's my problem:

The pattern calls for working in the round and increasing by one at the start of each round. I did that and after a few inches I noticed a ladder-type seam curving around my work. I switched to increasing on the stitch before the marker, which makes the seam much less noticeable.

My problem is that the hat is pulling to one side and I'm not sure which increase is causing that. Any ideas or suggestions? I was hoping to get a good bit done this weekend, but I'm not going to knit any more of it until I figure this out.

Thanks to anyone who answers, I really appreciate it!

Seems I can't delete this post...reread the pattern and answered my own question. Looks like I'll be spending the evening ripping out my piece and starting over

AARGH!!

Last edited by doreen116 : 10-20-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: posting link to pattern
doreen116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:30 AM   #2
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Hi, what did you decide the answer was? I just started trying to do what they say and other than it saying to increase at the end of the round instead of the beginning you seem to be doing it right. It kind of seems to me that increasing in the same place on each round and only once in each round would make it wonky, but I have not gone far enough to confirm that.
MerigoldinWA is offline   Reply With Quote