Old 03-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Alyce
1st Leg of the Journey

Knoxville, TN knitters
I am having a hard time finding knitters in my area. I am a beginning knitter. I have completed two baby afghans and that is about it. I tend to tackle projects that are over my head and then get discouraged. Right now I am working of a build a bear sweater for my grandson, a pair of mittens for my granddaughter, and socks for myself. With all three I have hit snags in directions that I don't understand.
I'm sure if I could get together with other knitters in my area we could all benefit from getting together every so often. At least I know I would benefit from it.

Alyce
Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
maniago
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to maniago
I am in Rutledge, TN
maniago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Alyce
1st Leg of the Journey

That's not so far away. Do you have a yarn store there or do you come to Knoxvile. I have found only one Yarn store, besides Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc. I love to browse in independantly owned yarn stores.
Alyce
Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
maniago
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to maniago
There is a yarn store in Rogersville, she is only open 11-3 certain days of the week. I haven't been yet. When I googled yarn shops there was three in Knoxville.
maniago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Yarnvixen
Casting On

Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
I am having a hard time finding knitters in my area. I am a beginning knitter. I have completed two baby afghans and that is about it. I tend to tackle projects that are over my head and then get discouraged. Right now I am working of a build a bear sweater for my grandson, a pair of mittens for my granddaughter, and socks for myself. With all three I have hit snags in directions that I don't understand.
I'm sure if I could get together with other knitters in my area we could all benefit from getting together every so often. At least I know I would benefit from it.

Alyce
Alyce,
I just found your post because I haven't been on KH for a long time. I am in Knoxville and have recently picked up my knitting needles again. I know of two yarn shops: Loopville in Bearden and Yarn Haven on Cedar Bluff Rd. The only other choices are JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc. If you're still new at knitting, I would stick with the cheaper yarns--I'm speaking from experience. I have a small fortune tied up in expensive yarns that are still in my closet because I am not advanced enough to make the garments.
Anyway, give me a shout back when you read this. I would love to meet some new knitters in Knoxville.
Jan Vann

Yarnvixen
Yarnvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yarnvixen For This Useful Post:
theashandrose (01-30-2013)
Old 11-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
SheWolfDanielle
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Yarnvixen View Post
Alyce,
I just found your post because I haven't been on KH for a long time. I am in Knoxville and have recently picked up my knitting needles again. I know of two yarn shops: Loopville in Bearden and Yarn Haven on Cedar Bluff Rd. The only other choices are JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc. If you're still new at knitting, I would stick with the cheaper yarns--I'm speaking from experience. I have a small fortune tied up in expensive yarns that are still in my closet because I am not advanced enough to make the garments.
Anyway, give me a shout back when you read this. I would love to meet some new knitters in Knoxville.
Jan Vann
There's supposed to be a good one out in Maryville, too. I can't remember what it's called. Keep in mind that non-chain yarn stores will have stock that's fairly heavily influenced by the owner's preferences, as well as what sells well for that particular store, so it kind of depends on the knitting-culture of the store's loyalists as well.

I'm working in Athens TN and living in Cleveland TN, btw.
SheWolfDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Ladyofblades
Casting On

Originally Posted by SheWolfDanielle View Post
There's supposed to be a good one out in Maryville, too. I can't remember what it's called. Keep in mind that non-chain yarn stores will have stock that's fairly heavily influenced by the owner's preferences, as well as what sells well for that particular store, so it kind of depends on the knitting-culture of the store's loyalists as well.

I'm working in Athens TN and living in Cleveland TN, btw.
The one in Maryville is called, "The Knitting Nest". If you know where the library is in Maryville, it's in the builiding across the bridge from that.

I just learned to knit. I mean that literally too. I have learned the basic stitch and will learn purl tonight when I get home from work.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
theashandrose
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to theashandrose
Hi there! I live in Oak Ridge, TN and I'm a beginner knitter. I would love the chance to get to meet some veterans and really learn this amazing craft! Even better, I would love to meet knitting newbies who understand the magnitude of the new knitter's situation.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
theashandrose
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to theashandrose
Just letting you all know I send a message to all of you, hoping some if not all would like to meet up for knitting and treats sometime.

-Ashlyn-