Old 03-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
hilljump
Casting On

spinning the wheel!
greetings to all! i am a knitter and carpenter. a friend of mine recently asked if i could build her a spinning wheel. she gave me instructions, and very, very simple drawings, from www.interweave.com. we don't have much money to spend on proper plans. i want to start with the simplest, i intend to teach an all ages woodshop class, using this project!
blessings&thankyou
hilljump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Mike
Working the Gusset

I'm wanting to make a spinning wheel.
I've got plans for a Great Wheel with a tapered spindle in one of the Foxfire books but I want a treadle with double drive.

I can figure out everything but the flyer and bobbin easy enough. I don't want to pay for plans when I know somewhere out there is a copy of an old book by someone like Ben Franklin with the real designs. I'd gladly pay for that book if I ever find it.

I guess if I never find it I'll order some plans.

Good luck.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
hilljump
Casting On

give thanks, i'm on the hunt, i would love to see what u have, bless, jissachar@hotmail.com
Old 03-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Mike
Working the Gusset

Foxfire is a book.

I think the plans are in Foxfire 2. A library should have it.

I really doubt if a Great Wheel is what you have in mind. It really wouldn't take plans if someone had a basic knowledge of woodworking.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
hilljump
Casting On

Originally Posted by hilljump View Post
greetings to all! i am a knitter and carpenter. a friend of mine recently asked if i could build her a spinning wheel. she gave me instructions, and very, very simple drawings, from www.interweave.com. we don't have much money to spend on proper plans. i want to start with the simplest, i intend to teach an all ages woodshop class, using this project!
blessings&thankyou