Old 03-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Pat in Ca

know a good christian college in or near CA?
I am totally overwhelmed looking for a college for my daughther...I hear so many things about "party schools" for $50 Grand a year...I thought I would see if anyone here is aware of a medium sized , christian college in or near CA.. or any other non christian schools that aren't hard core party schools.. thanks!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
candicane
Working the Gusset

Does your daughter have any idea where she would like to go to school. Or what field she would like to specialize in?

I am sure you'll get some great responses here. Just provide a little more info to get people going in the right direction.

candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to HamaLee
There was a thread started by ecb a week or so ago that had some great advice, you may want to read that.

I'd probably start by going to your daughter's school guidance counselor and picking up some of the guide books offered there. Your options will vary greatly depending on what she thinks she may want to study.

"Party Schools" can be state or private, "expensive" or "cheap" (those terms are relative, cuz "cheap" schools are still gonna set you back into the tens of thousands over 4 years!), large or small, christian or not.

And a Party School to one potential student may be a hard working environment for another--it's what you make of it. If you want spend you days drunk you'll probably find a way to do it even on the driest campus (and likely find a very dangerous way to do it). And I've known studious people who had discipline, buckled down, studied and got great educations at large state schools that some might consider "Party Schools."

Good luck!
Linky to thread mentioned above

--->Clever Sayings Go Here<---

Last edited by HamaLee : 03-24-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: add link
HamaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Pat in Ca

She wants to get a business degree..I have been looking and have identified some colleges
Pepperdine
Biola
Loyola
University San Diego
Westmont
any feedback on these? thanks.. I will check that other thread as well...From what I am told.. some college dorms are so loud and roudy that it is difficult to study ... I have been told that some are worse than others..thanks for any imput you have!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Westmont is a good school. A close friend and four of her siblings graduated from there, it's that type of school.

She might want to check out Corban College

www.corbancollege.com

It's a beautiful college outside of Salem, Oregon. They have a business degree program.

If you need a contact person in the area, let me know. My son is attending there.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Debkcs For This Useful Post:
Pat in Ca (03-28-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #6
knitgal
Working the Gusset

To be honest, I think it is more about your daughter than the school. As long as she has her head on straight, she will be okay. College is about learning, not only about business or your chosen major, but also yourself. She will make mistakes, stay up too late, party too much etc. but she will learn. No matter what school she chooses there will be partying including drugs and alcohol.
One thing I can suggest is an all girls dorm, they are usually quieter for studying and such.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

knitgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
Pat in Ca (03-28-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #7
Dangles
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Dangles Send a message via Yahoo to Dangles
A couple of my friends went to Biola. They enjoyed it there; great environment, and peers.

There is Talbot as well.

Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dangles For This Useful Post:
Pat in Ca (03-28-2008)