Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
davespurl
Ribbing the Cuff

Washington Knitters?
Hi!

I saw a while back that there was some discussion between people from Washington. Are you ladies still out there and want to talk?

Anne
davespurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:25 AM   #2
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Hi'ya Anne!

I am the Artlady...and I live in the Puget Sound area...in Kent, Wa.

Anyhoo...hello! hello!

1) What is your favorite yarn?
2) What is your favorite thing to knit?
3) Who is your favorite designer?
4) Which knitting magazine is your favorite?
5) Are you a Raveler yet?
If not, are you on the waiting list?
If not, what are you waiting for?
6) How many years have you been knitting?
7) Do you crochet as well?
8) Do you live in the Puget Sound area? East of the mts? The Coast? Southern?
9) What are your prime knitting hours?
10) What is your favorite knitting 'how to/help" book?

Here are my own answers to my questions (I guess if I expect you to share...I should share first!)
1) Malabrigo (undyed & natural cream)
2) Cardigans

3) Elsebeth Lavold
4) Vogue
5) YES!
6) 37
7) yes, but don't crochet anymore (except to 'trim' knitted things)
8) Puget Sound area (Kent)
9) 9 pm til 3 am
10) Finishing Techniques by Nancy Wiseman

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
jeanius80 (06-04-2008)
Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Raeknitsnwa
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to Raeknitsnwa
Hi Anne

I am Rae I think we talked a little in Knitting Help chat last night

1) What is your favorite yarn?-Don't have a favorite yet but I do love Malabrigo(finally got my hands on some for the 1st time ever)

2) What is your favorite thing to knit? At the moment its dishclothes

3) Who is your favorite designer? Don't Have one yet

4) Which knitting magazine is your favorite? I like Knit N Style

5) Are you a Raveler yet?-Yes & I love it I am Raeknitsnwa if you are on there add me

6) How many years have you been knitting? A little over a yr I have much to learn lol

7) Do you crochet as well? No but I thought about learning

8) Do you live in the Puget Sound area? East of the mts? The Coast? Southern? I am in Auburn, Wa

9) What are your prime knitting hours? it varies usually during the day

10) What is your favorite knitting 'how to/help" book? Don't have one but I am taking suggestions lol
~~You Must Be The Change You Want To See In The World -Ghandi~~

Raeknitsnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raeknitsnwa For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (05-13-2008)
Old 05-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
davespurl
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Raeknitsnwa View Post
Hi Anne

I am Rae I think we talked a little in Knitting Help chat last night

1) What is your favorite yarn?-Don't have a favorite yet but I do love Malabrigo(finally got my hands on some for the 1st time ever)

2) What is your favorite thing to knit? At the moment its dishclothes

3) Who is your favorite designer? Don't Have one yet

4) Which knitting magazine is your favorite? I like Knit N Style

5) Are you a Raveler yet?-Yes & I love it I am Raeknitsnwa if you are on there add me

6) How many years have you been knitting? A little over a yr I have much to learn lol

7) Do you crochet as well? No but I thought about learning

8) Do you live in the Puget Sound area? East of the mts? The Coast? Southern? I am in Auburn, Wa

9) What are your prime knitting hours? it varies usually during the day

10) What is your favorite knitting 'how to/help" book? Don't have one but I am taking suggestions lol
Nice to meet you both! I live in University Place which is essentially West Tacoma.

In response to your questions:

1. Don't have a favorite yarn yet. I've only been buying what I think is pretty and easy to use so far.

2. My favorite thing to knit so far is scarves, though I'm now knitting my first baby blanket.

3.4. Don't have a favorite designer or magazine so far.

5. Not a raveler

6. I've only been knitting for 5 months.

7. I can crochet single and double chains. That's all.

8. Live near Tacoma

9. Knitting hours vary. Usually lunchtime while watching tv (I work from home) or evenings

10. Favorite knitting book so far is Knitting Pretty.

That's it for now. Thanks for asking!
davespurl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davespurl For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (05-13-2008)
Old 05-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
Raeknitsnwa
1st Leg of the Journey

Oh Anne .........
You have to join Ravelry lol oh that place is additcting but its a wonderful place with a ton of great people when you have time stop by & sign up you will get an invite in about a few weeks maybe faster

Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #6
GirlChris
Turning the Heel

Hi. Nice to meet you ladies, can I pop in?

I don't have a favorite yarn, I am such a cheapo I am afraid of falling in love with the good stuff. I do think Paton's Pooch yarn makes a cute and easy scarf that's the only yarn I can even think of off the top of my head.
My favorite thing to knit, gosh. I have knit a lot of scarves lately but I hope to become good at knitting stuffed animals, I just think they are so cute. I did knit a felted hat once that I was just so proud of I couldn't believe I had done it myself, I should make that one again I guess. LOL
I don't have a favorite designer
My favortie mags are the old copies of Family Circle knitting I have, I don't even know if they sill have that mag.
I am not on Rav yet, I looked at it and to tell the truth it was totally overwhelming and intimidating to me, I just felt like it was for "real knitters". I know that's not the way to think so I amy get brave.
I took a knitting class 13yrs ago but I have a hard time saying I have been knitting that long, I am a major on again/ off again knitter. I haven't made very many projects total. I have been 5+yrs without or more and am just starting back up last fall or so.
I would like to learn to crochet
I live in Gig Harbor, WA
Prime knitting hours really vary. If I am in a mode I can try to fit it in constantly. I am a SAHM (well I do work at Swedish/Ballard every other weekend) so I can try to fit it in around kid stuff a bit but usually it is after the kids are in bed so 8-11 or so.
I don't have a favorite book yet either. I have to admit I wing it alot and I think that is why I don't feel like a very accomplished knitter because I rarely know the proper way to do something, I just kinda do whatever works.
Thanks for "listening". See ya around the boards, Chris
GirlChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #7
tokmom
Turning the Heel

Raeknitsnwa I graduated from Auburn HS

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I just saw this thread. Another Washintonian here.
1. My favorite yarn so far is a camel hair/lambswool blend made by Bernat about 30 years ago. ( I have some elderly stash.)
2. My favorite thing to knit is socks. I made 16 pair this year and am currently working on learning entrelac socks. It's not that bad, just very tedious.
3. Don't have a favorite designer. Most of my patterns dated back to when I acquired most of my stash, 30 years ago. I'm just this year surfing the net and adding tons of new patterns to my inventory.
4. I haven't read any knitting magazines in years, but I like a lot of the patterns I see on line from Interweave Press.
5. I am on Ravelry, I'm Plantgoddess there. I use it mainly for pattern ideas and yarn substitutions. It's an amazing site for reference.
6. I've been knitting over 30 years off and on. Since joining KH it has become a passion and I've knit more than I ever have. It used to be a strictly winter activity if I had nothing else to do, now most things have to fit in around my knitting.
7. I started out as a crocheter. I learned as a teenager and it was popular back then for hip clothing. I still have patterns from back them. I'm a lefty and crocheted left-handed which made it easy for me to teach myself to knit english and now rarely crochet except for doilies and tablecloths.
8. I live in eastern Wa. I'm about 20 miles north of Spokane in the foothills.
9. This time of year, I knit mainly in the evening after all my outdoor work is done. In the winter it could be anytime and sometimes is all day.
10. My favorite knitting book is The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee. It has helped me to get sweaters to fit better and I much prefer making my sweaters all in one piece. I dislike seaming and I love that when I bind off I am almost done except for working in ends and 2 little seams under the arms.
Isn't living in Wa. a great place to be? I grew up a Navy brat and this is my favorite place of all the places I've lived.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Raeknitsnwa
1st Leg of the Journey

We should all meet up on Yahoo & chat there some day or night it would be cool to get together & talk since some of us live so far apart if anyone else likes the idea let me know I am all for it

Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
tmarie2715
Casting On

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post

1) What is your favorite yarn?
2) What is your favorite thing to knit?
3) Who is your favorite designer?
4) Which knitting magazine is your favorite?
5) Are you a Raveler yet?
6) How many years have you been knitting?
7) Do you crochet as well?
8) Do you live in the Puget Sound area? East of the mts? The Coast? Southern?
9) What are your prime knitting hours?
10) What is your favorite knitting 'how to/help" book?
1)I recently tried knitting a Japanese yarn called Noro. They make a very pretty silk, mohair, lamb's wool mix with varigated colors. I used the worsted weight. I am kind of a newb, so I hope that was a decent description

2) I have been churning out a lot of hats on circular needles. They are quick and when I am stuck on my large project, I can knit / practice on various different patterns until I am no longer stuck. I have given a hat to just about everyone I know.

3) I don't follow any one designer as of now. I really like the book I just bought, Easy Kids Knits, by Claire Montgomerie and another book which I don't know offhand. I think it is called Simple Gifts, or something like that.

4) I am also not a huge fan of the magazines. I have looked at a few, but I have yet to knit an adult size garment (aside from a hat). Kids stuff is a lot more accessible to me right now.

5) No. I am not sure what Ravelry is. I know a lot of you guys link to your Ravelry account, but esp if there is a waitlist I am probably not patient enough to join.

6) I first learned when I was 7 or 8, but have just recently picked it back up. I would say 2 years consecutively.

7) No! I was also taught to crochet when I learned to knit, and I never took to it. I am going to have to learn, I think, since there are a lot of pretty things to do finishing-wise with crochet.

8) Seattle

9) Whenever my toddler is asleep, or SO is home to play with him and give me some time to myself! I meet a few girls for knitting 2-3 times a month.

10) I rely on my knitting group, primarily, and KH forms and videos! I have borrowed a friend's book now and then. My book mentioned above also has a helpful section in the beginning about basic techniques and reading patterns, so I have referred to that while working my sweater vest.
tmarie2715 is offline   Reply With Quote