Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
kayeknit
Turning the Heel

need knitting tools
My eleven-year-old daughter is in need of a few knitting tools. She is looking for a row counter, some point protectors, a cable needle, and maybe a stitch holder and a few needles in various sizes that she hasn't got yet. If anyone has any of these things to sell cheaply, please pm me. (I have a PayPal account.) Thanks!

Last edited by kayeknit : 04-07-2009 at 08:21 AM. Reason: forgot something
kayeknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Those things are so inexpensive to begin with that shipping and payment might cost more than buying them at Joanns, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
kayeknit (04-13-2009)
Old 04-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
As Jan has said these item are very inexpensive. You may also want to go over to the Knit Tips & Tricks thread to see what you already have at the house for these items.

For example I use the little pyramid like erasers, that you put on wooden pencils after the original eraser if gone, as point protectors.

You can take a chop stick, cut is down and sand the end or use a pencil sharpener to give it rounded ends and use this as a cable needle. I have used paper clips as cable needles.

Take the second chop stick sand it smooth and make the ends rounded. Slide the chop stick through the stitches and put a rubber band on the chop stick from end to end to make a stitch holder.

You house if full of knitting tools that you just haven't found yet.

cacunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
kayeknit (04-13-2009)
Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
Michaels sells a knitting kit...it comes with a booklet, needles, a row counter, point protectors, stitch holder and a few other things (I can't remember what...lol) but, it's like only $9.99, I believe....I think the kit is titled something like I taught myself knitting or I can't believe I'm knitting...Pretty handy, actually....I haven't got it, but, my dad recently bought it so he could learn to knit.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saracidaltendencies For This Useful Post:
kayeknit (04-13-2009)