Old 10-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
etoilechaude
Knitting the Flap

My new Addi Turbos (... and KP options or Addi clicks???)
Well... I've been injured for the past 4 days (horrible shoulder spasm - doesn't sound bad, but trust me I can barely get my body out of bed because I'm in so much pain) so I've been knitting on the couch a LOT. Well... knitting and nodding off cuz of all the meds I'm on.

Anyway, I decided I needed a new pair of circs because I wanted to make my mom a lacey-ish cowl and I didn't want to have to deal with constantly moving stitches around on DPNS. My wonderful partner usually sighs and moans everytime I need a new pair of needles, but this time he was eager to please me (might be because I've been somewhat of a meany-face lately). So I told him I'd LOVE to try Addi Turbos and that he'd have to venture across town to my favorite LYS to get them. Much to my surprise he ran out the door!!

Anyway... the point is I <3 them... a LOT!
So my Christmas list has their interchangeable set at the top.
Up until this point I hated metal needles, I'm not sure why, but bamboo always seemed to slide easier (I know that's not supposed to be the case).

Maybe it's the drugs talking, but I just thought I'd give my "hip hip hooray!!!" to Addi :o)

EvanP on Ravelry (Hey that's rhymes!)

Last edited by etoilechaude : 11-03-2009 at 01:07 AM.
etoilechaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
gamerchik
Knitting the Flap

That is so awesome! What a sweet guy to go buy your Addis.

I recall my first pair of Addis. I was so amazed by how fast and quiet they were!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

I love Addi needles.

It's funny how starting to knit changes all kinds of things...including the stuff we get excited about! If anyone had told me five years ago that I'd be capable of getting excited about a set of knitting needles... :D

P.S. Feel better soon!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Craw
Knitting the Flap

I'm jealous! I'd love to have the Addi Clicks. Maybe someday. Lately I'm also liking bamboo. Decisions decisions. Hope you feel better soon. I totally get being a meany-face when you're in pain.
Craw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
JudyD
Turning the Heel

I hope you feel better soon, Evan! I totally sympathize with your predicament. I went through my daughter's shoulder injury last year...Mom, can you come over and shampoo my hair? Mom, I need to change the sheets. Mom, can you drive me to PT three days a week?, etc., etc, etc.

Would love to see a photo of your mom's cowl.

JudyD
JudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
trvvn5
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to trvvn5
My partner tends to be the encouraging force behind me getting new things. I'll say that I have an interest in something and he'll say. Do you want to go get them. We can go now. Secretly I think he just wants to go to the craft store himself so he can look around. But he's overly encouraging when it comes to my knitting.

I'll have to check out the needles though. I HATE bamboo. HATE HATE HATE. Aluminium is too slippery for some of the wools that I work with, so I end up losing stitches on occassion.

Sorry to hear that your injured and holed up. Get better.
trvvn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #7
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
Congrats on your new needles Evan! Sorry to hear about your shoulder though. It's exhausting being in pain all the time. Sending you get better vibes! Yes it is amazing the little things we get so excited about. Makes life so much fun doesn't it? LOL

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
margz3
Working the Gusset

Here's hoping you feel better soon Evan! I went through a bout of tennis elbow this spring, and it hurt to knit! Glad to hear you are at least able to do that....especially when you get new knitting gifts!

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
novice stitcher
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to novice stitcher Send a message via MSN to novice stitcher Send a message via Skype™ to novice stitcher
glad you found a pair of circs that work so well for you! I hope you are feeling better by now...

Jenn :D

Originally Posted by etoilechaude View Post
Well... I've been injured for the past 4 days (horrible shoulder spasm - doesn't sound bad, but trust me I can barely get my body out of bed because I'm in so much pain) so I've been knitting on the couch a LOT. Well... knitting and nodding off cuz of all the meds I'm on.

Anyway, I decided I needed a new pair of circs because I wanted to make my mom a lacey-ish cowl and I didn't want to have to deal with constantly moving stitches around on DPNS. My wonderful partner usually sighs and moans everytime I need a new pair of needles, but this time he was eager to please me (might be because I've been somewhat of a meany-face lately). So I told him I'd LOVE to try Addi Turbos and that he'd have to venture across town to my favorite LYS to get them. Much to my surprise he ran out the door!!

Anyway... the point is I <3 them... a LOT!
So my Christmas list has their interchangeable set at the top.
Up until this point I hated metal needles, I'm not sure why, but bamboo always seemed to slide easier (I know that's not supposed to be the case).

Maybe it's the drugs talking, but I just thought I'd give my "hip hip hooray!!!" to Addi :o)

OTN: Phentex Slipper Pattern
novice stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote