Old 01-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
bambi
Working the Gusset

OT: Kitty!!
I am finally adopting a kitty!

I put my last kitty to sleep for renal failure about 4 years ago. I was so sad. My husband reminded me today that we went to the home show here in Savannah about a year later and I ran across this lovely organization called Coastal Pet Rescue. I actually started crying about my cat, looking at all the pets to be adopted. He had to drag me away.

My heart has finally mended and I have been looking for a while now. I have all the kitties memorized by site from Coastal Pet Rescue and from the HUmane Society. (Sad)

I finally got my husband on board and found a kitty I wanted at the same time!!! She is close to a year old and she is a very petite siamese mix with a few tabby markings and blue, blue eyes!!! The gal who has been fostering her is really sweet. We met her today and we will get her on Sunday. She is playful and affectionate and fun. She and my 4 year old daughter were chasing one another around the house and she had her little tail high in the air, ears perked straight up. Then my husband got out the laser pointer and kitty and DD were taking turns chasing it around. SO cute! Her name right now is Sophia and I'm not sure whether we will change it or not.

I am so excited!! I will post pics after we get her.

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Bambi-M

I'm Bambi-M on Ravelry
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,645 Times in 7,047 Posts
Yay!! I'm so happy you are healed and ready to love a new fuzzy baby!

(My kitty is 18.5 yrs old now and I know in the next few months I'm going to have to take her in.... )

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
bambi (01-02-2010)
Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
catlvr
1st Leg of the Journey

Good for you!! I adopted all 3 of my kitties from the humane society, and they are wonderful companions. I recently lost my husband after 41 yrs. of marriage, and without my cats to care for I would be more of a basket case than what I am. Looking forward to seeing pictures.
catlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catlvr For This Useful Post:
bambi (01-02-2010)
Old 01-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
bambi
Working the Gusset

Jan, I shiver to think of what you must go through. I still tear up thinking about my old baby. I was looking for the old carrier today and didn't find it. I am almost happy I can't find it as that tangible reminder would probaby make me cry again.

Catlvr, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband! Pets can really help heal us in times like those. I remember a good cry I had into my kitty's sweet fur after I had a miscarriage.

I am anxious to post pics. Tomorrow is the big day!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Bambi-M

I'm Bambi-M on Ravelry
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
meowmeowmeow
Knitting the Flap

:D Can't wait for pix.My little jerk is about 4 months right now.He reached that special age where he wants to kill everything two months ago
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment..."

-Nietzsche
meowmeowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meowmeowmeow For This Useful Post:
bambi (01-03-2010)
Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
meowmeowmeow
Knitting the Flap

To anyone who thinks that their pet is getting ready to go, I found this great tutorial perfect for remembering such a friend:Pet hair bracelet At first I thought it would be kind of weird, but they come out beautifully.I will certainly be making one for the cat I grew up with.He is getting older now so I will be bringing him to my place sometime and keeping him an indoor cat for his last years.My cousins just don't have the time to pay closer attention to him and I'm the only one in the family who is both willing and without dogs; not to mention I really miss The Dude.

I'm sure he'll get along perfectly with my kitten.I mean...the little guy cuddles with my snake and sleeps on top of his tank as it is.They had a nice symbiotic relationship going on until he got bigger: the snake made a nice bed and the kitten made a nice heat source,lol.
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment..."

-Nietzsche
meowmeowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meowmeowmeow For This Useful Post:
bambi (01-03-2010)