Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
hartleystudio
Knitting the Flap

A post about knitting
I hope this isn't too spammy and I hope it's allowed here. I haven't been on here much in the last year but I have been knitting and making jewelry like crazy. I just did a blog post for a group I'm involved with and this month I wrote about knitting. You all helped me so much when I started, I just thought you'd like to read it.

Thanks for everything!!!

http://annhartleystudio.blogspot.com...u-couldnt.html

Keep up the great work!!!

I'm on Etsy when I'm not knitting...

http://www.hartleystudio.etsy.com

I'm Hartleystudio on Ravelry too!!
hartleystudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Mike
Working the Gusset

I guess I'm not allowed to answer that.
I've tried many times not to be a jeweler and the powers that be just won't let it happen.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
hartleystudio
Knitting the Flap

Not allowed to answer what, Mike??

Are you a jeweler too?? There are many in my group who knit.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Mike
Working the Gusset

Yes, I'm a jeweler. Have always been and it seems I'll always be.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

Knitting helped me, too
I read your blog and I must say that your jewelery distracted me at 1st. (in a good way) Once I stopped oogling at your designs, I read the blog. I agree 150% with you. I have been knitting for 2 years, now. I found knitting during a very dark time as well. I knit every day. If I don't get to knit for a few days, I am grumpy.

I love following patterns. I love it when I am challenged and finally figure out a st pattern. I love knitting simple things and just feeling instant gratification. I love searching on Ravelry for whatever I find. I love knittinghelp for teaching me what I don't know (which is a lot). I love when my DD begs me to make her something and loves it when I finish it. I love making baby hats and blankets and donating them to the hospital where my son was. I love the people I have met (online and in person) because I knit. I love looking through knitting books and magazines and marking all the things I want to make and probably won't because I will always find something else to make. I love all things knitting (except socks).

My family and friends are always saying that I should design my own patterns. At the moment, this does not appeal to me because I just like following someone else's instructions. (I also read the instruction manuals when I have to put something together.) It's just my the way I am. I have to think creatively most of the day. I use knitting as a get away and still get my creative on...Knitting saved my life, it keeps me connected to my son and I will always knit if I can't do anything else.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
hartleystudio
Knitting the Flap

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad to hear you feel the same way. I was so thankful to find this forum when I started, it was such a blessing! Everyone so helpful and kind. I make jewelry most of the time (thanks so much for your kind words!) but I always have my knitting bag with me. It's such a nice break from the intensity of the studio.

Thanks for reading. I truly didn't mean it as a "come read my blog/look at my jewelry" thing. I'm HORRIBLE at self promotion and that wasn't my intent. I just wanted to give thanks for knitting and all the great folks here!