Old 11-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
shortnsweetly
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to shortnsweetly
are travelers bad?
I had a wonderful spinning workshop all day Sunday (thank you Jeremy for the great recommendation!!) at Mocha's Fiber Connection in Colchester, CT. It's an amazing shop with wonderful people.

Of course, now I have to buy a wheel! I tried a few and have my heart set on an Ashford Traditional double treadle. I travel about once a month, and would love to take my wheel with me.

Are there any drawbacks to getting the traveler wheel? Do they usually come with a carrying bag or case of some kind?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
TrinaOR
Casting On

I have a traveler and took it quite a bit last year back and forth to school with me... it did fine, but there is no case or pack for it that I know of... and they are a nice wheel and you can find them reasonably priced, so they are a great first wheel, and have lots of room to grow... it was my first wheel. I fell into a deal on two clemes and clemes and recently have done most of my spinning on one of them.. so my travelar will probably find a new home soon.. because I just dont have the room or need for 3 wheels...It will give me more room for my fiber stash lol
If you only plan on taking it once a month or so is there anyway you could take the traditional, if that is the one you truly love? There are quite a few wheels out there that are very good for taking with you...fold up into bags and such... my biggest problem is the ones that I really liked were beyond my budget, and the ones that are cheaper I dont care for the look of...good luck on your search for a wheel, Im sure the perfect one is just waiting out there for you:>
TrinaOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Grace and I had a great time at the workshop. There were only three of us with a great instructor. I really enjoyed seeing you Grace.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
mullerslanefarm
Turning the Heel

I love my Ashford Traveller! I have 4 wheels and the traveller is my work horse.

If you will be travelling by airplane, you'll want one of the fold up wheels. if travelling by vehicle, the traveller fits comfortably in a seat to be seat belted in.

Muller's Lane Farm
Our Lessons in Homesteading
mullerslanefarm is offline   Reply With Quote