Old 11-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #121
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by LilHuskiesFootBallMom View Post
the more i think about the dress the more i want to cry. I would hope that either I had the ability to make such a gorgeous item (should we ever have a daughter) so that she could wear it home from the hospital and for her first pictures! THEN go and have it preserved in a box so she could use it for HER babies.
I have typed the pattern in Word on my computer. If anyone would like a copy of it to make for their favourite little girl, just PM me the e-mail address and I will send it to you. Thanks!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:38 AM   #122
msmelody
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to msmelody
The.Knitter, you gave the baby back? I would have kept the dress and the baby.

Ungrateful people do not deserve such loveliness. None of my family or friends do "crafty" things, so I rarely give them knitted things unless I ask first.

Made my MIL a hat since she lost all her hair to chemo. Mailed it around the 15th of October, should have arrived by now. But no one in the house has let me know that it has arrived. I do not expect anything from her since she is on lots of pain medicine and is not expected to last to the new year, but something telling me that it has arrived would be nice.

I am msmelody on Ravelry.

Water4gas is my new pursuit.
msmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #123
mommydearest
1st Leg of the Journey

If my daughter was little (she's 14) I would have loved to be given that dress. I used to love dressing her up. My dh would buy these beautiful Mexican dresses and I would always be sad when she grew out of them. I haven't tried knitting clothing yet except for slippers but it will be a New Years Resolution for 2008.

I have been on a knitting frenzy the last few days getting Christmas gifts done - nothing fancy but I am really hoping the receivers will appreciate them.

I have a question: Would you willingly knit a scarf for someone you KNOW (my dh), who wants one but would NEVER wear it? We live in Southwest Florida.
mommydearest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #124
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
thanks The.Knitter... i'll PM you my e-mail addy...

to give you ladies an idea of something appreciated: my 7 year old went off to school in tears this morning... why? because he couldn't find the mittens that I'd made him (he had them last night, I'd washed them for him... they're a bit small but he insists on wearing them!) and his older brother (the 9 yo) wouldn't help him look for them. I told him that if i didn't find them today (i think theyr'e up in the disaster zone that is their bedroom) then i'd make him a new pair.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #125
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

On another appreciative note (I found this out the other day)....I had knit a bunch of dishcloths about 6 months ago and had a stack of them just sitting in my kitchen. Good friends of ours were over and I gave some to my friend. When her 6 yo dd saw them, she wanted one too. I had one in varigated pastel colors, so she picked that one. I never gave it another thought, but my friend told me the other day that her dd sleeps with that dishcloth on her pillow every night! I did make this same girl a felted purse for her birthday last month, and she carries it everywhere.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #126
sboehm1977
Casting On

This is for Becky....Does you husband not understand the cost of yarn?
It should not matter to him if it is hand made as long as it makes you happy.
Example...he is a golfer, you hate golf..Would you throw away his clubs?
sboehm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #127
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
I can attest to the thoughtfullness of Cando.. I still carry her thank you gift of her lavender sachet every day. She is awesome!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #128
noejusti
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by mommydearest View Post
If my daughter was little (she's 14) I would have loved to be given that dress. I used to love dressing her up. My dh would buy these beautiful Mexican dresses and I would always be sad when she grew out of them. I haven't tried knitting clothing yet except for slippers but it will be a New Years Resolution for 2008.

I have been on a knitting frenzy the last few days getting Christmas gifts done - nothing fancy but I am really hoping the receivers will appreciate them.

I have a question: Would you willingly knit a scarf for someone you KNOW (my dh), who wants one but would NEVER wear it? We live in Southwest Florida.
Mommy dearest, I would defintely knit something for my DH even in a warm weather state. I live in Southern California and I am making a sweater for my DH in cotton right now. There is a really nice scarf pattern on knitty.com called Henry which is meant to be done in a fingering or sock-weight yarn so it shouldn't be too heavy and may be nice for going out in the evening.

Happy knitting,

V.

noejusti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to noejusti For This Useful Post:
mommydearest (11-15-2007)
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #129
Arielluria
Instepping Out

I can think of some people that I know really well that I KNOW wouldn't appreciate it. It's mostly people who have no appreciation for anything hand made and in some cases wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything that didn't have a designer label. I won't waste time knitting for them!
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #130
pregodego2
Casting On

nothing much to add but im taking notes! lol

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

knitter in training!
pregodego2 is offline   Reply With Quote