Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
bunnyslippers
Casting On

Suggestions for Japanese girlfriend?
My brother has invited his new girlfriend and her family to Christmas. She just moved to North America from Japan. I would love to knit her something as a welcome, but I am drawing a blank. She is very elegant and stylish and seems very sweet. I am less-than-elegant and not-at-all-stylish and would appreciate any suggestions you can give.
I would like something fairly simple as I don't have a lot of time (the big jolly deadline is looming). Something functional would also be nice--I don't think that they have very much. My skill level is about intermediate--I can't make pretty seams, but I can follow a lacey pattern.
(My back-up plan is knitty's nagano cherryblossom strand, but it isn't that functional.)
Thank-you in advance for any suggestions--my brain has been thorougly wracked.