Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:24 AM   #31
ahkatelier
Ribbing the Cuff

I want to destash too.
I am AHKAtelier over at Ravelry too.
I have WAY too much yarn. My son moved back home after the army and I gave him my craft room. I still have most of my yarn in his room. I really need to start moving through it.

I get sidetracked so easily with work and everything. Any chance someone will send an e-mail or something to remind us monthly or so that we have a goal?

I need to finish adding the rest of my stash to Ravelry so that I can see what I've got.
My goal is do finish one stash project a month. I may only buy yarn for a new project when I have finished my stash project.
I probably can't start before my Christmas gifts are done. Well, maybe I can destash a couple of yarns for presents...

On the needles: Granny Square Socks, Flaming Anklets, April Raindrop Socks, Sidewinder socks,

Recent finished objects: Annetrelac socks, Jaywalker socks, Flaming socks, Pi Togue Hat, Noro Rainbow socks,

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-25-2007, 03:11 AM   #32
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

I'm in, I'm in, wait for me! I can't afford buying new yarn for a couple of months now, so I have to knit from my small stash! I have yarn for particular sweaters, so after I'm done with New Year's presents, I'll move on to these! And socks of course, I have that yummy Knitpicks Memories sock yarn that just screaming at me "Knit me, knit me, oh please knit me" !
Old 11-25-2007, 05:34 AM   #33
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
I am jumping on the train!

My goals -

1. Decrease the stash
2. Decrease the ideas I want to make (1 and 2 go hand in hand).
3. Move forward with the gift ideas I have stashed away (clogs, felted wine cozies, etc.)
4. If it really is an orphan, get rid of it on de-stash or ravelry.

I would love to NOT buy any new yarn but lets face it, that isn't realistic, is it! So I need to come up with a reasonable reward for myself!
Hi Suzie!

Welcome aboard the Stash Train! I made a trip over to the Ravelry Ranch and added you as MY FRIEND! See ya there, and here!

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-25-2007, 05:37 AM   #34
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by KnittingNat View Post
I'm in, I'm in, wait for me! I can't afford buying new yarn for a couple of months now, so I have to knit from my small stash! I have yarn for particular sweaters, so after I'm done with New Year's presents, I'll move on to these! And socks of course, I have that yummy Knitpicks Memories sock yarn that just screaming at me "Knit me, knit me, oh please knit me" !
Hi! Welcome sister! Hey, are you on Ravelry yet? I want to add you in MY FRIENDS. And if I've already done so...s'cuse my brain freeze!

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #35
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by ahkatelier View Post
I am AHKAtelier over at Ravelry too.
I have WAY too much yarn. My son moved back home after the army and I gave him my craft room. I still have most of my yarn in his room. I really need to start moving through it.

I get sidetracked so easily with work and everything. Any chance someone will send an e-mail or something to remind us monthly or so that we have a goal?

I need to finish adding the rest of my stash to Ravelry so that I can see what I've got.
My goal is do finish one stash project a month. I may only buy yarn for a new project when I have finished my stash project.
I probably can't start before my Christmas gifts are done. Well, maybe I can destash a couple of yarns for presents...
Hi Allison! Welcome! We have 23 Stashies so far! Oh, BTW, I added you in MY FRIENDS over at Ravelry! Hope to follow your wonderful work!

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
ahkatelier (11-25-2007)
Old 11-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #36
ahkatelier
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks Artlady!
Thank you for such a warm welcome. I look forward to the next year and our joint effort to use our stashes well.

Allison

On the needles: Granny Square Socks, Flaming Anklets, April Raindrop Socks, Sidewinder socks,

Recent finished objects: Annetrelac socks, Jaywalker socks, Flaming socks, Pi Togue Hat, Noro Rainbow socks,
Old 11-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #37
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
I'm in... my dh keeps taking me yarn shopping (he takes me yarn shopping then hits the video game/electronics stores.... i can't complain then LOL) and it's starting to get out of control
Old 11-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #38
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Hi! Welcome sister! Hey, are you on Ravelry yet? I want to add you in MY FRIENDS. And if I've already done so...s'cuse my brain freeze!
You won't believe it, but i haven't even signed to join, i still kinda doubt if i'll use it a lot. You think it's worth it?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #39
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by LilHuskiesFootBallMom View Post
I'm in... my dh keeps taking me yarn shopping (he takes me yarn shopping then hits the video game/electronics stores.... i can't complain then LOL) and it's starting to get out of control
Hey there Stacia (LilHuskiesFootBallMom!) Sounds like your DH is a real KEEPER! Hang onto that one! Glad to have you here!
Let us know how things progress!

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #40
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by KnittingNat View Post
You won't believe it, but i haven't even signed to join, i still kinda doubt if i'll use it a lot. You think it's worth it?
Go ahead and get yourself on the waiting list! YES it is worth it!
I have a thread somewhere here on KH called: Reluctant Ravelers, Join Me! It is directed towards Ravelers who have been accepted, but have done nothing with the toybox! It seems daunting!

I was a Reluctant Raveler myself! WAS.

Ravelry is a nice way to showcase ALL of your knitting in one place: YOUR NOTEBOOK. It is nice to view ALL of someone else's knitting in one place: HER NOTEBOOK.

But besides that, there are other features that are useful, and helpful.

For example, here is one:
I entered a project that used Malabrigo yarn.
On the side of the project page, there were two links automatically displayed:

1) Other knitters who have done this pattern.The link displays all the ways other knitters have done this pattern. Most use different yarns than me. Some knitters make adustments to the pattern!

2) Other knitters who have used this yarn. This link shows all the ways Malabrigo have been used by other knitters. That in itself is a great inspiration. It is wonderful to see how the different shades of Malabrigo knit up!

Go ahead, sign up...and wait for your invitation. BTW, in the meantime...if you have not downloaded the free Mozilla FIREFOX internet browser, DO SO. It is a much safer way to browse the web...and it works much better with Ravelry and KH, too.

If you do not have a Yahoo account, get signed up for that, too.
You will need a user name and password.

If you do not have a FLICKR photo account, go ahead and get signed up for their free version. You will need it to effectively add photos of your projects and yarns.

In the meantime, knit on good woman!

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-25-2007)
Closed Thread