Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
LindaHLB
Casting On

Mason Dixon Dishrag Rug
Good Morning:

I have been knitting for the last two years, and struggle at times, but am getting more confidence as time goes on. I buy way to much yarn (my winter stash) for projects in the future. My local knit shop which I love is closing and getting my weekly help is going to be more difficult.

I need some advice on Cotton Yarn for a rug. My Son has asked me to make him the Dishrag Rug out of the Mason Dixon Knitting book (page 97). The only instructions on the yarn is to use a heavier yarn then the Peaches and Cream worsted weight they recommend for the Ballband Dishcloth.

I went to my local yarn store and was told to go to one of the "Big Box" stores and look there as they did not have anything that would hold up to being a rug. I went to Joann Fabrics and all they had was something like the Peaches and Cream. Any suggestions that someone could give me I would appreciate.

Thanks
Linda
LindaHLB is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
I don't have that book, so can't say for sure but would double or triple stranding the P&C cotton work?

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
merryknitter
Knitting the Flap

Double Worsted
Did you know that Peaches and Cream came in double worsted? Check it out at this site!
http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc-dbl.htm

I've never used it before, but I think it would be ideal for your rug...I'd prefer this over double stranding!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I think the double worsted is what the pattern does call for. It's either that or double/triple stranding the regular stuff.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote