Old 11-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Warning for male knitters- ladies problem.Feeling better!
I know many physical problems have been discussed here, so i feel more comfortable asking you, girls, than people IRL . I've stopped taking my birth control pills after a few good years in hope that it will help me with my vestibulitis (i've already tried the exercise - biofeedback and other ways). I made some research and found out many women who stopped the pills, within a few months were back to normal. Besides, I got tired of this rutine of taking chemicals every day and making my system work differently from what the nature intended. Don't get me wrong, i'm still voting for safe birth control and not the day counting systems. My question is this - it's been about 14-16 days from the first day of my period and i'm getting this annoying pain in my lower stomach, especially when standing and walking. I'm also extremely nervous and rather hysterical this past 2 days. Is this ovulating as i never remembered it? Any thoughts are welcome

Last edited by KnittingNat : 11-30-2007 at 08:24 AM.
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
It does sound like ovulation..at least the pain part, but it shouldn't continue for long. I don't think this usually lasts long though so if it's too long I'd call a doctor.

Hope you feel better!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Could be ovulating, but if it continues past a few days I'd see a Dr. just to be sure.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kemp For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #4
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Definitely could be ovulation. Also, I took the pill for about 3 years, then when I got off it took my body literally 6 months or more to get back to normal. My cycles were all wonky, weird cramping, hair falling out, etc etc.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
iza
Turning the Heel

I've been on the pill for more than 10 years now, but for what I can remember it can be ovulation. If you didn't use to have these symptoms before you started the pill, maybe it's just a matter of adaptation.

Btw, I know vestibulitis can be really bad. I had it twice after getting infections, and it wasn't fun. But in my case it was pretty minor and it went away, so I was very lucky. I hope stopping the pill will help!
The Following User Says Thank You to iza For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
Silver
Instepping Out

I agree that it sounds like ovulation. I get cramps mid month too that usually lasts a day, sometimes two. My ovulation cramps are worse than my period cramps!

I would imagine that since you're body is trying to get back to normal, your symptoms are going to be weird for a while. You haven't ovulated since before you started taking the pill, so it makes sense that the first one is going to be difficult.

Still, wouldn't hurt talking to your doctor.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #7
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

Personally never had ovulation pains or much in the way of PMS at all so my thought is could this be something unrelated to stopping the pill and your cycle? Whatever it is I hope you feel better soon.
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vaknitter For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
Chikky
1st Leg of the Journey

*hugs* Hope things get better soon. I just went ON the pill not long ago for medical stuff... I wonder if getting off it is gonna be worse? Though I don't plan on that for a good long time...
"It's a rare man who is taken for what he truly is," he said. "There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so must I be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Chikky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chikky For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-30-2007, 12:53 AM   #9
alleusion
Turning the Heel

The last cycle I remember having (the one that resulted in this alien creature in my belly) I had ovulation pains that lasted about 2-3 days. It was mainly a stabbing / pulling type pain rather than a full on cramp. I was pretty weepy too, but at the time, I was preparing to leave DH in Canada so I could go face a court hearing with my ex husband.

Hope everything goes well, and check with a doctor if the pains don't go away soon.

...I can't have too many projects, I still have empty needles...

alleusion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alleusion For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)
Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 AM   #10
Sunny_Singer
Knitting the Flap

I had my girls in the 80's. I have not used birth control since - and originally I was put on it for medical reasons.

If you are going off - which is probably a good idea from what you said, KnittingNat, ask your doctor for information on how to read your cycles.

I know some people hoot this, but by watching my temp and reading my cycles every month for the last 20 years, I have managed NOT to get pregnant. I am not now, and never have been, "regular".

I know, and so does my hubby, when I am most fertile. Although you can conceive anytime, your chances at the "other times" of the month are greatly reduced, and simple safeguards are enough to protect you.

You and your doctor know you best, and talking this out will probably help you a lot.

Sunny

I am one of the unlucky ones: I cannot view videos

OTN:

blanket for a man, scarf, poncho, 1 rug, baby blanket, finger puppet

2008 FO:

finger puppets: cat (2), dog, pig, frog, butterfly, bunny
Sunny_Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny_Singer For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (11-30-2007)