Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
AspieKnitter
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to AspieKnitter
Knitting PenPals....
As I was talking with other people on a city bus this afternoon about my interests with knitting, I thought how male knitters (like me) must be in the minority gender of all knitters. Any of you out there who enjoy writing snail mail penpal letters (not e-mail letters)? I am interested to see if there's other male knitters who write snail mail pen pal letters and would be interested in writing to other male knitters.

My interests/hobbies: Art (in all its forms), culture, science, creativity, history, knitting, world events, organic/whole foods, open mindedness, outdoors, camping, cooking/baking, some sports, reading, writing, most music, movies, spirituality, and volunteering

About me: I’m Scott, 40, and from southeast Tennessee. Thank you for reading this . I am very open minded (diversity is a very beautiful word) and appreciate having an adventuring, exploring, and discovering nature about me. The “whys” in our world and beyond intrigue me because of our world and the universe in which we live. I believe we all came into this world to learn from each other and how to make our society a better place than it is now. In my view, education continues all throughout life and does not stop after a certain time in life (such as graduating from high school, college, or with anything else). I have more of a European than “American” (that being the United States) view on life, although I was born and have lived my entire life in the USA. Although I am quite shy at first, I open up and am very friendly towards others. People have referred to me as a “blossoming flower.” As the flower opens up and comes to full bloom, the flower’s incredible view is shown to others. In the same way, I am like that “flower” .

Requests in my ideal penpal(s) to write:
Primarily, I wish to write with individuals, who have a more liberal viewpoint, realize that not all people in the United States represent the views of George Bush (I do not), and value (not merely talk about) the qualities I mentioned in my request. I prefer the “old fashioned” way of writing (snail mailing) pen pals as opposed to the modern way (e-mail), because snail mailing is more personal, fun, and relaxing for me. If you choose to handwrite your letters or do them on a computer, go for it. No form letters or the “10 Things We Did This Year” type of letters please.

If you have children (I do not), please know I look forward to getting to know your family and how they are doing. However, please know I want to pen pal with you more than just about your family. For your information, I do not collect pen pals. I feel that is a bad policy to live by in that people feel they are just a number and not valued.

Email me at gradschool2005@lycos.com if interested in writing me and tell me why you are interested in writing me (aside from knitting). Please write "KnittingHelp" in the subject line of your response. I will delete any emails requesting money, visas, lotteries, marriage proposals, or other 419 scams.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Knitting, Scott

Aspie Knitter and Advocate since October 2007
Greater Chattanooga, TN area
AspieKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote