Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
stacyk9
Knitting the Flap

NOW I FOUND A HOLE!!!
I'm beginning to think this idea of knitting my Dad a set of golf club covers was a HUGE mistake!!! I had to frog an hour's worth of work this morning and ever since I have been making bonehead mistakes and unraveling all over again!! Now, four rows down in my increase row, I have found a hole!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!@#$%^&*!!!!!! It looks like I made two increases in a row instead of doing a knit and then an increase!! Okay. I'm taking a deep breath here and trying to regain my sanity!! Is there anyway to fix this without frogging the whole thing again?!?!? I watched Amy's video on fixing a stitch without unraveling, but I'm not sure this is the same problem. HELP!!!!
I've got to get out of here and get some retail therapy i.e. SHOPPING!!!!!! Buying something always make me feel better!

otn:
Garter Stitch Scarf
Palindrome Hat
Knitted Ornament Covers

fo's:
Bookmark
Basic hat
Lapghan
Golf Club Covers
Knitted Ornament Covers
Mother's Day Slippers
Twisted Stitch Scarf
Calorimetry
Oh so Soft Baby Blanket
stacyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
You can try that and drop the extra increase but you might end up with a hole anyway since it'll be a little loose where the extra increase was. However, you might be able to pull on the back of adjoining stitches to spread out the extra yarn.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kemp For This Useful Post:
stacyk9 (12-20-2007)
Old 12-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
I have all but one project done, and in my heart of hearts, don't think it will get done by next Tuesday. What I'm going to do is put it in the box, nicely wrapped, and let them know it will be done by New Year's day. I'm pretty sure your Dad would understand, and not mind, as he would rather have a sane daughter rather than one pulling her hair out.

As for the hole, in the past I've found myself covering this type of thing up by pulling a bit up from below. No one has ever noticed, or been able to see it when I called their attention to it. (My knitting skills have been slowly improving.)

Anyway, here's hoping the rest of the day goes really well for you,and that you have a wonderful Christmas.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Debkcs For This Useful Post:
stacyk9 (12-20-2007)
Old 12-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
And if you can't stretch the stitches enough to close the hole, sew it on the back with a piece of yarn. The head of the golf club won't tell.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ingrid For This Useful Post:
stacyk9 (12-20-2007)
Old 12-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
stacyk9
Knitting the Flap

Well, I'm back from my retail therapy and, boy, do I feel better!! Now I am ready to face this task! I have decided to drop a stitch down to the offender, er, hole and crochet it back up. Let's see what happens...........
IT WORKED! IT WORKED! IT WORKED! Ah. I wish there was a yoga or meditating smilie because that's what I feel like doing right now! Whew. Well, now that I'm a day behind on these things, I guess I'd better get back to it.

Thank you all for the great advice!!!

otn:
Garter Stitch Scarf
Palindrome Hat
Knitted Ornament Covers

fo's:
Bookmark
Basic hat
Lapghan
Golf Club Covers
Knitted Ornament Covers
Mother's Day Slippers
Twisted Stitch Scarf
Calorimetry
Oh so Soft Baby Blanket
stacyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
Sunny_Singer
Knitting the Flap

I used Ingrid's way out. I had completed both sides of a pillow, inserted the foam and then learned I had this hole where I must have dropped a stitch. At least it didn't run. I pulled the foam out, pulled the work inside out, and used matching yarn to pull the 4 sts (sides and top and bottom) making sure I caught the sts of each carefully, so if one was dropped, it wouldn't start to unravel.

It wasn't hard, and took a matter of 2 or 3 minutes. You can't tell I fixed it at all.

GL with your repair, Stacy

I am one of the unlucky ones: I cannot view videos

OTN:

blanket for a man, scarf, poncho, 1 rug, baby blanket, finger puppet

2008 FO:

finger puppets: cat (2), dog, pig, frog, butterfly, bunny
Sunny_Singer is offline   Reply With Quote