Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #201
mom2hancj
Ribbing the Cuff

One step forward and two steps back?? LOL I started a felted purse that will use up three skiens of some Chunky Mauch yarn. Then I went and bought some Noro Kureyon to make my mom a purse just like it and the FT felted clogs pattern for both adults and kids But hey the felted clogs pattern will use up some of my stash too right

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #202
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,879 Times in 3,000 Posts
Originally Posted by mamahoov View Post
OK, tomorrow is the new year. I have all my stash entered in Ravelry--no small feat I must say--GADS! I didn't realize my 'tiny' stash was THAT big!

I have already used up some of it...too bad it doesn't count for this year. BUT...I am motivated!...and it really helps having it all in one place.
READY!
amy in ne
Hi mama! What is your Ravelry name? I clicked your Ravelry icon, but it wasn't linked to your profile page. I couldn't find you over there. I want to add you to my friends if I haven't already done so!

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #203
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by robynbird View Post
I love all these ideas! I just finished my first "large" project. I made Juliet from The Zephyr Girls for myself. You can see pics on my knitting blog or Ravelry. It only took 8 of the 10 skeins of the Cascade Cloud 9 I had so now to figure out what to do with the other 2 skeings. Decisions...decisions.
Hi Robynbird! I made a cardigan this past winter using Cascade Cloud 9! Oh how I love the feel of it. However, my Cloud 9 (red) turns the arm of my husband's suit RED with fur...and my white blouse RED with fur. In other words, it sheds like the dickens! I don't know what to do about it. Everything I touch, or that it touches, is instantly a red furry mess!

Do you have any ideas what I can do?

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #204
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by capgemlib View Post
Hey ArtLady,

I LOVE the first pink lacy scarf--where did you find the pattern? My daughter would love this scarf.

Thanks!
It is the "Branching Out" scarf pattern. It is a free pattern on Knitty.com and you can CLICK HERE for quick reference! The "Branching Out" shown on the website is much lacier and prettier than mine because the model scarf used a finer weight yarn than I did. But, that is the beauty of this pattern! It will accommodate slightly different types of yarn and still turn out nice!

I am glad you like mine! And, BTW, is was an easy pattern because only the right sides have the lacework; the wrong sides are "resting rows"...you just purl the purls and knit the knits!

FYI: if you don't already do so, learn to install "lifelines" at the end of each pattern repeat. Ack. I learned that the hard way.
My most common mistakes are forgetting a yarnover; or, putting in an extra yarnover! So, at the end of each row, I always do a head count before knitting my wrong side.

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #205
mamahoov
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi ArtLady,
We are already friends over at Rav. See you there!!
{{{not sure how to link. tried unsuccessfully...I am so techno-challenged :P }}}

amy in ne
The Following User Says Thank You to mamahoov For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (01-03-2008)
Old 01-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #206
robynbird
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Hi Robynbird! I made a cardigan this past winter using Cascade Cloud 9! Oh how I love the feel of it. However, my Cloud 9 (red) turns the arm of my husband's suit RED with fur...and my white blouse RED with fur. In other words, it sheds like the dickens! I don't know what to do about it. Everything I touch, or that it touches, is instantly a red furry mess!

Do you have any ideas what I can do?
That's beautiful Artlady! I love the yarn but yes...it got all over everything. Kind of a bummer...not sure what to do about it...carry a lint brush with us? LOL

Mom to Missy & Zach & Baby Girl due in December
Wife to Gene

Old 01-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #207
Dreaming Knitter
Casting On

I finally got my Ravelry invite and have started my Stash recording. This is the most practical step, I think, in organizing my stash :-)

Happy new year!

I'm DreamingKnitter at Ravelry.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #208
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Stash Buster!
Yeah!! Used up six skeins (out of 30 ) of that All Seasons Cotton I went overboard on!

It is a little cardigan for my granddaughter. I posted more information about it in Whatcha Knitting. Click HERE

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #209
alli
Casting On

Love the Sweaters ArtLady! They are beautiful and so inspiring. I am hoping this year with all my stash yarn and knit-alongs that I will get to knit some really fun things like your sweater for my little girl. It is the reason I am learning to knit

As for my 2008 Goals, the first one was to join my 1st knit-along, so far, so good on that one. 2nd goal was to discover my stash. This is going to be a slow but steady project. I am going through bag by bag and then listing it on Ravelry (Thanks to your great "New to Ravelry" posts!) I am trying to get one bag done a week. Once done then I can decide on what patterns to go with the stash yarns. Yikes! Well, I am excited to have started this journey and am hoping with everyone's help that I can de-stash, knit cool projects and learn Ravelry during 2008!

Happy New Years!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #210
capgemlib
Casting On

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
FYI: if you don't already do so, learn to install "lifelines" at the end of each pattern repeat. Ack. I learned that the hard way.
My most common mistakes are forgetting a yarnover; or, putting in an extra yarnover! So, at the end of each row, I always do a head count before knitting my wrong side.
Thanks ArtLady!

What do you mean by "lifelines"? Do you mean stitchmarkers, or something else? I am constantly having to recount if there isn't a clear pattern repeat, so any tips to alleviate THAT are appreciated!

OTN a/o 1/1/2008 (HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!)
--Heart Sachet from Knitting Daily
--Hubby's Jo Sharp Family Gansey sweater about to be sewn up with help of knitting group friend

FO's
--Fiber Trends felted clogs (still waiting for delivery of the suede soles)

Capgemlib
Closed Thread