Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #21
smoochie
Casting On

The shop in Fells Point is called "A Good Yarn". It has beautiful yarn and several groups meeting there. Check it out on the internet.
smoochie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #22
Starry Eyed
Casting On

Hi! I'm extremely new to knitting. I live in Beltsville, MD. I was wondering if any of you guys might know where a local knitting place may be that offers classes? I think I can learn myself but I'm a little scared that I'll be forever confused and lost.
Starry Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #23
joyknits
Casting On

Hi Annapolis, Bowie is here too! I know very little about Cecil County, except they do send delegates to the State PTA conferences. Anybody know if there's a yarn shop open today?
joyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #24
joyknits
Casting On

The closest shop to you would be a place called "A Tangled Skein" on Route 1 in Hyattsville. They offer classes, and something call a sit and knit on Wednesday nights.
joyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
Starry Eyed
Casting On

Wow, thanks! Thats so helpful. Its actually really close to me. I'm checking out the website right now. Its pretty expensive.. $80 a class. I'm debating whether or not to rough it on my own.. Its nice to know something like that is nearby though.
Starry Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #26
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

I live in Southern Maryland, St. Mary's County... near the Naval Air Base. [picture: flying boats ] And I teach knitting - $12, in my home.

If you want to get a group together and find a place in, say, Calvert County you'd like to meet, I'll teach all of you how to knit for $14 each per session. [The extra $2 covers gas]

Just a thought.

Dot

My words sell the Magic of a Dream

DorothyDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #27
LREVS
Casting On

Knitting in Maryland
I am new to this list and live in University Park, MD -- near the University of Maryland. I've been knitting for my granddaughter. I'm struggling right now to sew seams on a cable sweater! Watching the video on this website has been very helpful!! Loretta
LREVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #28
LREVS
Casting On

Originally Posted by Starry Eyed View Post
Wow, thanks! Thats so helpful. Its actually really close to me. I'm checking out the website right now. Its pretty expensive.. $80 a class. I'm debating whether or not to rough it on my own.. Its nice to know something like that is nearby though.
I haven't been to A Tangled Skein on Wed nts from 7-9 pm but that is free. And if you're coming from a distance, you can eat at Franklin's across the street beforehand! Loretta
LREVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #29
Faireattention
Casting On

Frederick MD over here...and desperately seeking baby knitwear patterns for beginner/intermediate knitters. *sigh*
Faireattention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #30
ladyjessica
Knitting the Flap

Hi all! I'm from the sticks, too, but not your sticks. hehe. I'm up here in Frostburg, in the mountains. We have a fairly nice yarn store about 10 minutes away in Cumberland. They have a nice selection and lots of classes, but I haven't really found myself any knitting friends yet.

OTN: Log Cabin Afghan, Aran Blanket Baby Afghan, Manos del Uruguay afghan;
Future WIP: A sock. Any sock.

My blog: Mincing Around the Dance Floor
ladyjessica is offline   Reply With Quote