Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Mine is purples.

I think I would come up with something else decor-related that you could purchase for a bedroom, that would need to go with the color theme. Like a picture frame, or dried flower arrangment... something you think she'd like. Then tell her you want to get her a _____, but you need to know her color theme to make sure it will match.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Secksiebrat View Post
Any ideas on some pretty common colors people use in their rooms?

Mine are blue's and greens.

I'm just curious, so humor me and help me out

~danielle~

This sounds fun; I love to see what kind of choices people make when they decorate.

My room WILL BE in white/navy/tan/lt green. We are still discussing paint colors for the walls, but I'm currently accessorizing in those colors.

As for your friend, I think that most people think about their bedrooms last, so she may even choose to accessorize around your gift!

If you know what colors she likes, that would be a good choice, because even if it doesn't match, she'll still love it!

Also, that is a good suggestion about checking out what she uses in other places -- I usually choose burgundys and navys for my decorating (with neutral and complimentary colors thown in, of course). Now that I'm thinking about it, my best friend uses lots of blues and tans, my mom greens and burgundys, my MIL yellows and greens and my other MIL blues and purples.

However, except for one person who has red walls, I can't think of anyone that has a non-neutral bedroom. Most of them have plain walls and the only color is in their bedding!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #13
msoebel
Turning the Heel

I think cream is always lovely in an afghan. It matches everything, looks so soft and inviting and there are so many different shades!

Our room is aqua and chocolate brown and white. I LOVE it. And so does dh. The colors go so beautifully with our antique spanish trunk!

Be a light unto the world...not a bug zapper.
msoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
Chel
Turning the Heel

Mine is periwinkle and apple green with cream and sky blue accents.

I would ask her opinion. Tell her you are thinking of redoing your bedroom and ask what she suggests. Telling her your opinion will invite her tell you hers. Then just listen.

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by msoebel View Post
I think cream is always lovely in an afghan. It matches everything, looks so soft and inviting and there are so many different shades!
That made me think- if you do a lacy afghan, she could lay it over a solid colored bedspread that matches her decor, whatever it is, and it would be beautiful!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
babsnelson
1st Leg of the Journey

Well mine is red and tan......not exactly typical bedroom colors!

Like everyone else has said before, I would go with something in the cream/tan line. Or a white/silver/gray......but that's just me!

OTN - Another Market Bag, Patons Must Have Cardigan, Monkey Socks

Next up - Summer sweater for me, Socks for Sis, and anything else I decide I can't live without!

FO's for 2008: Branching out Scarf, 2 pair Fuzzy Feet, Market bags - lots!, felted purse, yarn holder, Little Cables hat for Nate, Bell-lace Socks, Baby Cardigan and booties, 3 pair of mittens

My Blog

babsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #17
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
i can't decide what colors to use in our bedroom... for now we have purple bedding set, the walls are still white and the ceiling is still panneled (for the first few months after moving in it felt like i was sleeping in a coffin).... it hasn't been painted yet because the one window in the room faces north so we don't get much sun in our room... i'm thinking of painting the bedroom a light purple.. but i can also use pinks, blues, and greens in an afghan for our bed (not that i'm crazy enough to knit an afghan for our room, i have a king size bed and 5 cats) since those are the colors of the flowers on the porcelin part of our headboard.