Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:53 AM   #511
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
F.O. Sock #1 of Mexican Coloured Socks
2:30 a.m. I am finished sock #1 of my "mexican coloured" socks. They fit nicely. I don't like the colours at all. There was some pooling of the red colour at the front of the sock from where I knit the heel flap, but I am told that when using verigated yarn this happens sometimes. The laddering is very apparent to me when I have the sock on. I am hoping washing will fix this problem. I have been assured that it will. It would probably not be apparent to anyone that did not know what to look for.

I don't think I would buy Cascade Fixation again as the material seems a bit coarse to me. Perhaps they will soften up when the socks are washed. I hope they do. I would hate to think I wasted $8.00 a skein on sock yarn for socks that don't feel soft and comfortable when you are wearing them. I bought four skeins because the sales clerk said two was not enough and then I only used one ball for this sock. I will be stuck with two extra skeins of yarn when my socks are finished. It is not likely that I will make a second pair of socks with this yarn.

Maybe I will CO for #2 later today.

Sorry the pictures are a little bit fuzzy, but I am tired and could not hold my foot still.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Mexican Sox 002 Small.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	46897  Click image for larger version

Name:	My Mexican Sox 001 Small.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	46898  

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 AM   #512
Lieke
Working the Gusset

I think the socks look really great. As for the coaseness of cascade fixations: I agree with you. They do get a tiny bit softer, but not much. For softness, you can better use sockina cotton summer dream. That is really soft (and the only wool-free selfstriping sockyarn). Did I give you the url to grumperina's list?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (02-17-2008)
Old 02-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #513
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters

Jodi~I can't wait to see the Jaywalkers

dotty~Your apron is so cute!!

Gina~I'm sorry to read that you have to make another appt...when do you go? I hope they can help you...and the splint is pretty

Silegose~the socks turned out great ...This little book has some cute hats in it...

The.Knitter~I'm sorry to read you don't care for your sock...I have no idea how the Cascade does...my LYS carries it but I've never bought any...If you wouldn't be happy knitting the 2nd sock then I prolly wouldn't CO to it...unless you want more sock practice...or maybe know of someone who would like them?

I haven't started my Kaylee socks yet...instead I dragged out my civil war shawl.. I tought I hadn't worked on that since Aug but I looked through my notes and it's been since July ...I would really love to finish it...you can't tell what it looks like right now all bunched up on circs...I'm to the point where one round takes a while to finish...

I hope you all have a great day of knitting!!

ETA:silegoose~I forgot about this pattern...I used it to come up with a hat for Isaiah...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog

Last edited by dustinac : 02-17-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: remebered a hat pattern
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jodstr2 (02-18-2008), silegose (02-17-2008), The.Knitter (02-17-2008)
Old 02-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #514
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

I'll knit up the second sock and put it away. Some day I will run across someone who likes them and gift the socks to them. This way I get some practice! Thanks.

The GOOD news is that my grafting went very well, so I think I have caught on to that nicely. It's not hard at all once you totally understand the concept of grafting.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #515
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
I'm done!!!!!!! Now I can/need to finish Dh's socks.

Silegose: The Sherman heel is this.
Dotty love the apron!
Thanks for the pic Lieke, that's gonna be super pretty!
The.Knitter can't you take the extra skeins back? I have taken stuff back to my lys before, they just issue a store credit.

Dustina: I'd forgotten about your civil war shall
Old 02-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #516
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

I don't intend to go back and get a store credit because the only non-wool yarn that store had was a small basket of cascade fixation in ugly colours. A credit would do me no good. I am allergic to wool. I have someone willing to trade with me, so I am going to do that instead. The good part of this is that the trade (if the person is willing) is for a RED colourway, which is what I wanted in the first place. Some good may come of this experiment yet!!

Old 02-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #517
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
I don't intend to go back and get a store credit because the only non-wool yarn that store had was a small basket of cascade fixation in ugly colours. A credit would do me no good. I am allergic to wool. I have someone willing to trade with me, so I am going to do that instead. The good part of this is that the trade (if the person is willing) is for a RED colourway, which is what I wanted in the first place. Some good may come of this experiment yet!!
Well that sucks that they don't have more kinds of yarn-
Glad to hear you may have someone to trade with you, good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (02-17-2008)
Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #518
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

jberry: Those socks look wonderful. You did a great job on them. Congrats! What's next?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #519
jberry16
Instepping Out

I plan on finishing Dh's socks now-I have one done and the second one's ribbing is done-but now my needles are free to do his leg so I"m gonna do that now and then wait for March's sockamania pattern. I also may make the kids a pair of socks-maybe. Their feet grow SO fast that I may not have them done in time (before they hit another growth spurt).
Old 02-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #520
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Mornin, all ya'lls
Well, dangnabit, I've gone n done it again.....sheesh, started way too many projects at the same time. All in various forms of completion. I've gotten my stag bag all knitted but now have to sew it up n all that stuff then I'm gonna full it a little to give it some body. Then I went and knitted that cute little freebie cable purse from vogue knitting, that's all knitted just needs sewn together. Got gs's sweater knitted just have to join sleeves, pick up collar and knit that and that's done.

Knitted ds some fairisle mittens (the green hand from ravelry) all I have left on that is to finish the left thumb, block and those are done. Now I went to the LYS yesterday where hubby (he went with me) bought me some yarn for valentines day and some of the cutest little earrings with little yarn ball dangles and I started on a felted slipper which is crochet/knitted combo. (gonna have to write that one in the ol' blog too).
Not to mention, I really need to get off my lazy doofus and get that cable video recorded (needed other son to hold the camera).
Not to mention, that whole donut thing, OMG, I had to go in two more times in the wee hours of the morning to make those damn donuts. ARRGGGHHHH!!!! I hate donuts!!!!! (see blog for details)

O yeah, one more thing, I did get a sock (one sock sheesh) knitted and have to co for the other one here soon so I don't get the dreaded sss on my case!!!

When, O, when, will the madness end????? Ummm, like never!!!

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
Closed Thread