Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
angel4ever

Charitable donations needed...
Hi all,

I know that knitters and crocheters are the most generous people on the face of this earth. So I know I am in the right place with my small request. I normally wouldn't ask anyone to do this, but I believe in this cause. If this is in the inappropriate place, or I am overstepping my boundries, please let me know.

A co-woker and good friend of mine does an enormous amount of charity work through her church. About 12 years ago she and her husband traveled back to her country of Liberia to start a church. They also helped to build homes for many of the country's poor. Every other year my friend, her husband, and the congregation travel back to her country to make sure that things are operating as they should. When they travel back to Liberia, they take with them lots of donated items for the hospitals, libraries, and schools. Of course I am going through my items to donate for them to take back this year. I am hoping that some of you extremely generous people will be able to help. My friend is collecting the following items:

Bed sheets (light colored, twin size)
baby blankets
preemie hats
books (gently used, kindergarten to young adult)
shoes
t-shirts
writing supplies
any clothing for a moderately warm climate
light jackets

If anyone is interested in donating any items, please PM me and I will give you the address to ship your items.

Thanks again for all of your help!!!