Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

Some of the posts are sounding a bit antagonistic and defensive about this company. And they ARE a company-- if you are running a site which sells merchandise, then you are a business, whether it's 2 people or 2000 behind it, and your customers have every right to expect a certain professionalism from you. Unless of course, you post that on your homepage, that you are 2 women who just do this to make things easier for other knitters or whatever. As for it being the manufacturer's fault?-- well, if you purchased yarn at Joann's and there was something wrong with it, how happy would you be if they said it was the fault of the manufacturer and not the store? I know these are supposedly the above mentioned just-a-couple-of-women, but for the customer who doesn't know that, it makes no difference. Bad product is bad product. I have no personal investment in whether or not they succeed, and I personally have never ordered from them. I'm glad people have purchased yarn from them more cheaply than they might from other sites and been happy with what they got. But hearing 3 out of 3 people spend money and feel that they have gotten stiffed?-- I wouldn't feel right not letting other people know about it.
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #12
knitmama
Ribbing the Cuff

I've never ordered from them before, so I can't speak towards good experience or bad. What I can say is that I'm happy to hear multiple opinions about this place. If I were to order from them, I'd know now what to expect, both the good and the bad. People who have had a bad experience will of course share it, but it's only fair to allow those who have also had a good experience to share as well. They don't seem to be a bad company, it seems more that their customer service is rough around the edges. Just MHO. Thank you everyone for sharing the pros and cons.

OTN: Gail (aka Nightsongs), Basic Ribbed socks
FO: Dream in Color Shrug, Interlocking Leaves socks, Star-crossed Slouchy Beret

knitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitmama For This Useful Post:
kemp (03-04-2008)
Old 03-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #13
GinnyG
Instepping Out

I am not trying to be "antagonistic" as you say. It just bothers me when someone bashes a place they have no personal experience with. I question your "source" of information since you refer to spending $50.00 on two skeins of yarn, I have never seen yarn on this site that is that expensive. So I have to wonder how accurate the rest of the information is.

But as someone else has said, with any business you will have people with good experience and people with bad. All is takes is one bad experience to color you forever.

The purpose of my mentioning that they are not a "company" is that they aren't like an internet year shop such as Webs that has an unending supply of multiple brands of yarn. They also don't have alot of employees to answer emails and process orders.

So I apologize if you are offended by my defense of this yarn shop, and yes you are correct I am defending them, but my experience with them is not limited to a single order. I have ordered from the well over a dozen times and never had a problem. It would appear that others agree.

I will bow out of this discussion with one last comment. I do feel that if you are going to speak badly of an organization you should be speaking from your own experience not "hearsay".
GinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #14
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

I just looked at the site, and right on their front homepage is yarn advertized at $22.99 a skein. Close enough to $25 to question the accuracy of their stories. I beg to differ on the "hearsay" comment. These are 3 people from a very friendly knitting group, and they seemed very genuine and specific in their complaints. They were speaking about their own experiences, not something they had heard from someone else. There was no "bashing" tone to the conversation; more like disappointment.
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #15
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Spoke with owner of company
Hey guys. I placed an order with the company this past Thurs and last night found that my order was way overcharged. Well, I left messages last night, an email and called today.
The very, very nice and helpful owner, Terry called me back, he has had a guy working for him who has messed up MANY orders (he no longer works there!). Terry promptly credited my card. Told me very honestly that I may get the wrong yarn because this guy had messed up several people/orders and he (Terry, the owner) is currently trying to straighten up the mess. He offered to send UPS to my home to pick up the package should the wrong yarn arrive, too. And will then get my correct order shipped, should the wrong one arrive.
My goodness, this very kind & helpful gentleman, Terry is dealing with a mess and is being very, very kind and helpful as they always have been to me in the past and I'm sure will continue to be in the future.
I wanted to jump in and let ya'll know that the problems you experienced may very well have been from this guy that has caused my problem and some others. It's as I told the owner, he needs to hire knitters, we would LOVE to work with yarn, LOL!
OH yeah, I don't know if I even told ya'll this...I ordered a bag of Oasis from them a month or so ago and they threw in a couple of balls of yarn for free-they do seem to try their best to please their customers, well, they certainly have with me and ya'll know me, when I get great customer service from a yarn shop, I always get in here and tell you about it! And he was very, very nice, and helpful to me.

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rebecca For This Useful Post:
Abbily (03-03-2008), GinnyG (03-03-2008), knit2btied (03-03-2008), KnittingNat (03-03-2008), Mulderknitter (03-03-2008), Plantgoddess+ (03-03-2008)
Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #16
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
It's great to know all of this information good and bad. Everyone should be able to express their knowledge about a company...as always caveat emptor Some people will have consistently great experiences, but there are always tales of less than stellar customer service. Mistakes and mix-ups do occur and I am sure the occurrence goes up a bit the longer a place is in business.

I don't think anyone has defended or bashed...every one has just expressed their personal experiences in a very reasonable manner whether it be from first hand knowlege or not.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kemp For This Useful Post:
1to1 (03-04-2008), Mulderknitter (03-04-2008)
Old 03-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #17
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by GinnyG View Post
If you go to their web site and read the "Terms & Conditions" you will see that they clearly state "all sales are final".
IMHO, this is truly all that need be said. It makes no sense for a person to bicker if a gamble turns out against his/her favor. That's the very nature of gambling: hit or miss.

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote