Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #21
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jamiejeans View Post
. Same goes for Home Depot. Many of their home repair items, particularly the plumbing items, are made with cheap plastic "innards" when the same item sold at a plumbing supply company has copper and brass "innards".
Yep, experienced this myself. I bought a Delta Victorian Bronze faucet at local plumbing supply. I needed another one and the only place open was Lowe's, got it home and it was made with cheapo plastic parts. I took it back and they told me the stuff sent to them was a grade B product, not the quality that contractors get.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #22
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by knitgal View Post
On a separate note- My parent's cat died from eating the tainted pet food. It was very sad and they didn't know what it was at the time.
That's so sad and upsetting. Must've been awful for them.

That's really interesting, that the doggie wouldn't eat it anymore. The other thing I noticed, we have a place upstate and when we're there my cats eat just Walmart/Fancy Feast because I don't have a good source for cheap shrimp or chicken livers. My cats, esp my older one, were drinking water like CRAZY, even in the middle of the night. That stopped when we came back to the city and I got them on other stuff. Weird huh? I don't care what they said in that letter, there's too much here to support the opposite. Like I said, it looks nasty!

I actually know about the plumbing thing... funny my husband just mentioned that a couple weeks ago, about the difference in the suppies: plastic/copper or whatever. He found that out also.

stupid mart ha

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote