Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
photolady

Something Fun
Do you crave thin mints so much that you canít wait for your doorbell to ring this time of year so you can stock up? Or do you prefer the pantry packed with trefoils shortbreads? The girl scout cookie you prefer reveals something about your personality.

Trefoils: You thrive under pressure. Shortbread lovers are self-confident, organized go-getters who are energized by stress; the no-frills crunch of Trefoils appeal to your assertive nature.

Thin Mints: Youíre easygoing. Those who favor bold flavors like mint are easygoing types. Youíre the one at home who doesnít feel the need to make waves, and the one your co-workers find the most agreeable.

Samoas : Youíre brainy. Fond of this comparatively ďcomplexĒ cookie with its many textures and flavors? Youíre smart and focused. And since you set high standards for yourself, people are impressed by whatever you do!

Do-Si-Dos: Youíre a kid at heart. Canít stop at just one of these wholesome oatmeal-and-peanut-butter combos? Youíre a little old-fashioned, with a big appreciation for lifeís simpler pleasures. Your home is a place where others always feel welcome.

Tagalongs: You have artistic flair. No matter what project your tackling, your creative streak always shines through. And you donít like to be distracted---lovers of this cookie can seem shy, but often, youíre just deep in thought!

What's your favorite dessert?

Mine is chewy chocolate brownies, with chocolate icing. Chocolate on chocolate. MMMM!

Also, in the favorite top ten, is:

Copeland's Bananas Foster

Baklava

Lemon Meringue or icebox pie

Key Lime pie

Pecan pie (pronounced PEE KAN)

Homemade Chocolate Chip cookies, USED to LOVE Samoas, but,
they taste different this year. I heard GS took all trans fats out of their cookies....anywayz...

7 layer cookies or brownies, the dessert with sweetened
condensed milk, coconut, chocolate chips, graham cracker
crust, etc...

cheesecake, although I haven't found any decent cheesecake in about
ten years~ have you?

apple dumplings with cinnamon sauce

and... one of my last resort desserts, if there's nothing else better, butter pecan ice cream

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
mwhite
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by photolady View Post
Do you crave thin mints so much that you canít wait for your doorbell to ring this time of year so you can stock up? Or do you prefer the pantry packed with trefoils shortbreads? The girl scout cookie you prefer reveals something about your personality.

Trefoils: You thrive under pressure. Shortbread lovers are self-confident, organized go-getters who are energized by stress; the no-frills crunch of Trefoils appeal to your assertive nature.

Thin Mints: Youíre easygoing. Those who favor bold flavors like mint are easygoing types. Youíre the one at home who doesnít feel the need to make waves, and the one your co-workers find the most agreeable.

Samoas : Youíre brainy. Fond of this comparatively ďcomplexĒ cookie with its many textures and flavors? Youíre smart and focused. And since you set high standards for yourself, people are impressed by whatever you do!

Do-Si-Dos: Youíre a kid at heart. Canít stop at just one of these wholesome oatmeal-and-peanut-butter combos? Youíre a little old-fashioned, with a big appreciation for lifeís simpler pleasures. Your home is a place where others always feel welcome.

Tagalongs: You have artistic flair. No matter what project your tackling, your creative streak always shines through. And you donít like to be distracted---lovers of this cookie can seem shy, but often, youíre just deep in thought!

What's your favorite dessert?

Baklava

Lemon Meringue or icebox pie

Key Lime pie

cheesecake, although I haven't found any decent cheesecake in about
ten years~ have you?
ALL THE ABOVE AND SO MANY MORE! (she said as she jumped from the bed into her designer jeans)
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,782 Times in 7,145 Posts
I stick to Dannon Light and Fit non fat vanilla yogurt with frozen blueberries now for the most part. It's just best if I don't start on the cookies, but I do like them.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:42 AM   #4
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Oh Jan, I just hate your resolve, or maybe I'm just jealous that you'll fit into the cardigan that you're going to knit for yourself.

There's hardly a dessert out there I don't like, unless it's made with jello or cruel whip.

We used to co-own a bakery, and I still love to bake, do so just about every day, including cookies for our church functions and desserts for our couples group.

My favorite thing is chocolate, closely followed by lemon and then anything berry.

BTW, if you ever need a recipe for anything, I probably have it, with over 500 cookbooks on our shelves.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

My DH forgot to order the cookies from his co-workers so last saturday at the grocery store I bought 5 boxes of those wonderful cookies. Thin mints being my main goal!! We don't get them coming door to door in our area, if I did I sure hope they'd take checks!!!

I love March!!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

My husband was drawn in by the Girl Scouts and bought a couple boxes a week or so ago. One for me, thin mints and one for him, Tagalongs.
Overall, my favorite desserts are: Creme Brulee, Bananas Foster, brownies, Publix yellow cake with fudge icing, flan and ice cream, not in any particular order.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
photolady

Originally Posted by mwhite View Post
ALL THE ABOVE AND SO MANY MORE! (she said as she jumped from the bed into her designer jeans)
HA HA!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
photolady

Originally Posted by bailsmom View Post
My DH forgot to order the cookies from his co-workers so last saturday at the grocery store I bought 5 boxes of those wonderful cookies. Thin mints being my main goal!! We don't get them coming door to door in our area, if I did I sure hope they'd take checks!!!

I love March!!

We don't have door to door Girl Scouts selling cookies, either.
My husband's co worker is selling cookies at work, for her daughter, and, there are tables set up in front of stores, here.
I guess it's too dangerous to go door to door. Never know who's going to open it.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
photolady

Originally Posted by Debkcs View Post

There's hardly a dessert out there I don't like, unless it's made with jello or cruel whip.

We used to co-own a bakery, and I still love to bake, do so just about every day, including cookies for our church functions and desserts for our couples group.

My favorite thing is chocolate, closely followed by lemon and then anything berry.

BTW, if you ever need a recipe for anything, I probably have it, with over 500 cookbooks on our shelves.
Cruel whip!
Do you have a good recipe for lemon bars? I see them in the local bookstores here, and wish I could make my own.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
photolady

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I stick to Dannon Light and Fit non fat vanilla yogurt with frozen blueberries now for the most part. It's just best if I don't start on the cookies, but I do like them.
Mail me some of your willpower.