Old 03-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Nurse and lawyer here. They're yours. Go get them if you have to. I would have your lawyer call them.
bailsmom (03-18-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #12
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by princess View Post
im just curious on what your thoughts are on adoption? in no way do i mean to offend you with this question, i know that some people just arent interested in that. i have always looked forward to when i get to have children, my own children, and never wanted to consider adoption but as i think about it now maybe i wouldnt mind it so much? hugs all around

No worries, I don't get offended by that question at all. But I'm not (at this present time in my life) interested in adoption. I think in order for me to get to that place I am going to have to exhaust all possibilities of conceiving on our own. And then work through that loss and maybe down the road - a very long ways - I would consider it. I'm not against it by any means, but I'm just not there yet.

DH would love to adopt so he's just waiting for me to get on board. I have a fear about adoption, that I don't want to express, for fear of someone taking it the wrong way. In my head it makes sense to me but to someone else they may see it as kind of crazy. Which I am on many levels , but this is a different crazy.

Thanks for the hugs! I'll take all the love I can get. Makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Nurse and lawyer here. They're yours. Go get them if you have to. I would have your lawyer call them.
Thank you for the help Jeremy, but we don't have a lawyer. My SIL is a lawyer, but she lives 1,000+ miles away from us, so that may be a bit difficult. I don't know. Plus I'd have to tell her what it was for and I don't want to do that just yet. I'll wait and see how tomorrow goes with them, hopefully I'll get my point across without having to resolve to my "mother tone."
Old 03-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #14
tokmom
Turning the Heel

Ditto to what they all said. I had a mammogram place put me through the 3rd degreet to get my films. I ended up picking them up myself.
Stick to your guns and give'm hell.

Good luck with the RE journey and I hope that you are soon blessed with a baby.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tokmom For This Useful Post:
bailsmom (03-19-2008)
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 PM   #15
princess
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by bailsmom View Post
No worries, I don't get offended by that question at all. But I'm not (at this present time in my life) interested in adoption. I think in order for me to get to that place I am going to have to exhaust all possibilities of conceiving on our own. And then work through that loss and maybe down the road - a very long ways - I would consider it. I'm not against it by any means, but I'm just not there yet.

DH would love to adopt so he's just waiting for me to get on board. I have a fear about adoption, that I don't want to express, for fear of someone taking it the wrong way. In my head it makes sense to me but to someone else they may see it as kind of crazy. Which I am on many levels , but this is a different crazy.

Thanks for the hugs! I'll take all the love I can get. Makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.
well im glad you are feeling warm and cuddly :P
i figured you wouldnt take it offensively but i just wanted to make sure, seeing as its all a touchy subject.

you are very lucky that your husband is willing to let you take your time and isnt pushing you to adopt now, thats what true love is all about

and the craziness idea in your head, dont worry about that either my boyfriend (hopefully fiancee within the next two years, he wants to launch his career and get stable first) is chinese (im your average white girl lol!) and he actually used to say he would love to adopt a child from china. I still to this day wouldnt want to because i wouldnt want to feel like an "outsider" in my own family. it sounds crazy i know, but everyone would think it was his kid, not mine, and i would feel awkward i think. then again if we did have kids ourselves, most people probably wouldnt think it was mine anyways, but at least i would know.
back to the point, everyone has crazy ideas, and thats ok.
princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #16
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

UPDATE!!

Well ladies and gentlemen I got some photos, not the right ones but I got some. I am beyond annoyed now and am just about to give up. I think I may just go to the appointment and have them deal with my doctors and try and get what they need. Of course that will just push everything back until they get them, but I don't know what else to do. I'm stressing myself out beyond words and I just can't take it anymore. I've been having more migraine headaches in the last 2 weeks than I've had in the last 3 months. And I'm just exhausted. I was so sick today but I had to go and get them and then they gave me the wrong ones, oy vey.

So that is the boring update. Not successful but I did get my hands on something. I think I'm going to have my current RE give me the pictures from my last surgery so I can have them. As gross as our insides are, it's kinda cool at the same time to see what's going on in there.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #17
knitncook
Working the Gusset

Here is my story. In 1997 my doctor "fired me" as a patient because I refused to allow the phlebotomist to take more than one vial of blood during a blood draw. I had in writing from the doctor in my charts that the only test being done was an Rh factor test (since I'm Rh- and had given birth to two Rh+ babies) There was no need for me to have more than 1 vial of blood (if that) drawn. I knew then that my doctor was trying to go behind my back to do the tests that she had agreed I really didn't need. So I had to go doctor shopping when I was 4 months pregnant. It took me 2 months to find another doctor who would be willing to take on a (by then) 6 month pregnant woman. We sent a request to my previous doctor for my medical records because I was trying for a VBAC and my new doctor needed to know the direction of uterine incision. When I got to my due date the records still had not shown up after countless requests. The nurse called the clinic and was told that the doctor had "sealed" my medical records and they couldn't be sent over. My doctor called the old doctor personally and I was priviledged to hear the conversation. It went something like this

Dr.B (new doc): I'm calling for Michelle's Records. I want them faxed over to my office in 5 minutes. (pause for response) I don't care if you have "sealed" them or not. You can't seal them without a court order and I know that you do NOT have a court order to seal those medical records and besides it is against the law to seal medical records of someone who is sill LIVING without a court order and I know she is living because she's sitting right here in front of my with a heartbeat and breathing on her own! (pause) If you do not have those records to my office in 5 minutes I will get a court order for them and you do not want to go there! Thank you. I look forward to seeing them so I can assist my patient." (Dr. B's dh was a well-respected judge! LOL!)

They arrived 5 minutes later. About 50% of the surgical notes were blackened out!! My doctor went to the office while I laid on the upside down massage table and napped to get the original records that were also blacked out!! She was absolutely livid! I will never know what was in those records. However when I did have my baby via c-sec 3 weeks later it was obvious what my previous doctor was trying to hide. My uterus had SO much scarring on it in places where there shouldn't have been scarring, meaning that the previous doctor had really botched the delivery of my second child. Dr. B did her best to patch up my uterus to avoid having to do a hysterectomy. I had right to sue, but chose not to. I just didn't want to have to deal with that vile vicious woman.

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitncook For This Useful Post:
bailsmom (03-19-2008)
Old 03-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

I've been watching this thread all day hoping for a happy ending. I'm so sorry you're still having such a hassle. Hopefully this will be the peak and you'll have a nice coast downhill from now on. I wish you all the best in everything.
KnitNCook: Your story is just unreal! I can't even find words.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #19
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by knitncook View Post
Here is my story. In 1997 my doctor "fired me" as a patient because I refused to allow the phlebotomist to take more than one vial of blood during a blood draw. I had in writing from the doctor in my charts that the only test being done was an Rh factor test (since I'm Rh- and had given birth to two Rh+ babies) There was no need for me to have more than 1 vial of blood (if that) drawn. I knew then that my doctor was trying to go behind my back to do the tests that she had agreed I really didn't need. So I had to go doctor shopping when I was 4 months pregnant. It took me 2 months to find another doctor who would be willing to take on a (by then) 6 month pregnant woman. We sent a request to my previous doctor for my medical records because I was trying for a VBAC and my new doctor needed to know the direction of uterine incision. When I got to my due date the records still had not shown up after countless requests. The nurse called the clinic and was told that the doctor had "sealed" my medical records and they couldn't be sent over. My doctor called the old doctor personally and I was priviledged to hear the conversation. It went something like this

Dr.B (new doc): I'm calling for Michelle's Records. I want them faxed over to my office in 5 minutes. (pause for response) I don't care if you have "sealed" them or not. You can't seal them without a court order and I know that you do NOT have a court order to seal those medical records and besides it is against the law to seal medical records of someone who is sill LIVING without a court order and I know she is living because she's sitting right here in front of my with a heartbeat and breathing on her own! (pause) If you do not have those records to my office in 5 minutes I will get a court order for them and you do not want to go there! Thank you. I look forward to seeing them so I can assist my patient." (Dr. B's dh was a well-respected judge! LOL!)

They arrived 5 minutes later. About 50% of the surgical notes were blackened out!! My doctor went to the office while I laid on the upside down massage table and napped to get the original records that were also blacked out!! She was absolutely livid! I will never know what was in those records. However when I did have my baby via c-sec 3 weeks later it was obvious what my previous doctor was trying to hide. My uterus had SO much scarring on it in places where there shouldn't have been scarring, meaning that the previous doctor had really botched the delivery of my second child. Dr. B did her best to patch up my uterus to avoid having to do a hysterectomy. I had right to sue, but chose not to. I just didn't want to have to deal with that vile vicious woman.
O.M.G. Michelle. I cannot even fathom that happening to someone, let alone a pregnant woman! I am so sorry that happened.

What I don't get is why doctors offices (of any specialty) are so anal about patients medical records. Something that they haven't even paid for and think they have the right to make you jump through hoops of fire just to get a copy of them.

I never even said I was leaving her office, just getting a second opinion. And then I think, hmmmm, I wonder if my doctor even knows about my asking for the records transferred, I only talked to the front desk girl (horribly mean & rude B!T%H) and the 'nurse'. (Sigh) So frustrating, so frustrating.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #20
jamiejeans
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by bailsmom View Post
What I don't get is why doctors offices (of any specialty) are so anal about patients medical records. Something that they haven't even paid for and think they have the right to make you jump through hoops of fire just to get a copy of them.
As a nurse, I can tell you that even though every patient has a right to their medical records, there are certain procedures by law that must be followed. The law I refer to is HIPAA....the privacy act that mandates that all medical info about a patient be protected, and certain procedures must be in place with written proof of that such precautions were taken. That being said, it doesn't take that much effort to follow this. A patient must sign for release of the records, and usually the office/medical records dept needs about a week or so to release them.

Check out my neglected blog for finished objects and other humors:
www.squawkergirl.blogspot.com

My website: http://jamiejeanjewelry.com
MY ETSY:
http://jamiejeanjewelry.etsy.com
jamiejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamiejeans For This Useful Post:
bailsmom (03-22-2008)